airfares so high!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you are talking about the original poster who did wait too late. He could have done better a month or so earlier.

Sometimes, but that's no guarantee. The airlines are going to charge as much as they can get, which is not evil - just working for their stockholders, not the passengers. From Denver, there is some competition, but it looks like American has the best fares & schedules. What happened to Frontier? I thought they were offering some bargains?

Your $1100 buy is ok, but not impressive. You could have had them for less than $800. The first choice on all of these pairs is too little time to clear I&C in my opinion, safer to take the longer layoever on return.
View attachment 384012

You can get there much faster for a little over $800, altho the DFW connection going is a little tight & risky.
View attachment 384013

Planning on longer layovers each direction would be safer, for $826 for the pair...View attachment 384014
That includes hotel and breakfast???

hotel plaza cozumel. It's a budget hotel, but the reviews are super good, and the free breakfast is supposed to be excellent. It is also walking distance to a few dive shops

hotel plaza cozumel. It's a budget hotel, but the reviews are super good, and the free breakfast is supposed to be excellent. It is also walking distance to a few dive shops
I don't care for wasting money on pricey hotels. That one looks nice to me, close to the main plaza, etc. I hope it's close to your dive shop. If you need a car, Isis is very close, and I see the hotel has free parking. I got lost driving in town last trip. My phone would say "tun north" and I'd say "ok, which way is north?"

I am not even sure what I paid for air on this trip, the travel site didnt allow a break down (which is not uncommon). I cant even access it on my Delta account, just the taxes and fees portion. Usually, out of Pittsburgh, airfare runs around 610, which is the going rate same time frame as my trip. I have seen it as low as 480 before on a very rare occasion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom