Give me your dry suit wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen others with Si Tech dry gloves. I have the Kubi dry glove system. I like the Kubi system better than any Si Tech system I've seen. The rings come in different sizes, so you can get the smallest ones that will fit you, making it more streamlined (unless you need their biggest rings, of course). And the Kubi rings just press together, with an O-ring to make the seal. No twisting, screwing, or clips that have to click in place. Just nice, durable, machine aluminum.

Eh, I think this is just one of those personal preference things. But I think we can mostly agree that a dry glove system that doesn't require the gloves to be attached to the suit BEFORE you put it on is a good thing.

Not entirely necessary. I live in DS country, so everyone, from the freshly minted OWD to serious tech folks dive dry. I know exactly one (1) diver who dives wet around here, and I've probably met between 50 and 100 fellow divers. I can count on one hand - with a comfortable margin - the number of pee valve equipped DSs I've seen. If your bottom time is less than about an hour, you should be able to hold it without too much discomfort. Especially if you make it a routine to go just before zipping up. And after an hour or so in 4-6C water, it's not having to take a leak that's your main motivation for getting the heck out and topside.

And on a strictly personal note, glueing a condom to my junk - and afterwards taking the job to peel it off - is not my first idea of having a good time...
Diapers

Shaving is a mistake that is rarely made twice. Waxing, aside from the outrageous indignity combined with pleasant clinical small talk, is at least over quickly and does not itch. And settles the question for at least six weeks.

I bought my She-P, with what I refer to as the "installation kit" (glue and such), plus P-valve yesterday. I ended up getting electric hair clippers and doing a very close cut. No itching. Worked well. $20 for a trimmer was worth it. I don't mind waxing, just the expense. My Saturday evening entertainment was figuring out how to place the She-P and then gluing it to my nether regions. I laughed myself silly. It was comfortable enough, but I had leakage out the back (which is a common problem). Just some trial and error over the winter, and I'll be set when the local quarry opens back up in April. :)

ETA: you test it by drinking lots of water and then waiting in the shower/tub for the urge to come and then seeing if there are any leaks. :wink:

Last edited:
There are only two groups that will openly talk about personal grooming of their netherregions with strangers nudists and Divers. Thanks for some great insights and laughs everyone.

There are only two groups that will openly talk about personal grooming of their netherregions with strangers nudists and Divers. Thanks for some great insights and laughs everyone.
You never ever know what you will get on Scubaboard. Like you this forum makes me laugh at times (for genuine reasons).

@Marie13, my wife said she saw what must have been your posts on the She-P Facebook group. Entertaining indeed. She hates hers. But I guess it's a necessary evil.

You never ever know what you will get on Scubaboard. Like you this forum makes me laugh at times (for genuine reasons).

Glad to amuse you! I think it's funny as hell. The things diving gets me into. :D

Just let me know when the urge hits so I'm not in the vicinity! "Hey the water all of a sudden got really warm..." :rofl3:

Rapid Star is one of my dive buddies. :wink:

Well, if you decided to pee in your wet suit, at least I'd not know it since I dive dry. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom