Little Cayman as a new diver - what to expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm more worried about friend wanting to do stuff I'm not comfortable with, such as swim throughs/depths. I suspect she'll be getting buddied up with someone else for at least some of the dives.

I'm more worried about friend wanting to do stuff I'm not comfortable with, such as swim throughs/depths. I suspect she'll be getting buddied up with someone else for at least some of the dives.

Work that out with you friend. There is no good reason you would have to do things you are not comfortable with. You can always swim above a swimthrough you are not comfortable with and meet the group o the outside. You can control your own depth, even if the main group is below you. Little Cayman is a fantastic, easy location.

Way better for both of you to buddy with a diver of similar experience. Buddying with the divemaster is always a nice option.

Way better for both of you to buddy with a diver of similar experience. Buddying with the divemaster is always a nice option.

Yep. I'll know much closer to trip what I'm comfortable with.

Since no one has said it I'll throw this in. The food there is simply off the charts. Best food I have ever had at any resort or liveaboard. It's my #1 destination in the Caribbean. Not sure when you are going but you need to book your tickets on Cayman Air as soon as the flights open up. These planes only hold like 16 people and the number of flights are limited.

Since no one has said it I'll throw this in. The food there is simply off the charts. Best food I have ever had at any resort or liveaboard. It's my #1 destination in the Caribbean. Not sure when you are going but you need to book your tickets on Cayman Air as soon as the flights open up. These planes only hold like 16 people and the number of flights are limited.

Next August. I don't think they're even booking that far in advance right now.

Well, I will give you a report after I go on the scuba board surge to cayman brac in January. I'm new too. I've dove in Hawaii and the difference between 3ml and 7 is amazing and comfortable, dry will be an even bigger difference!

Next August. I don't think they're even booking that far in advance right now.

According to their website they are. I can't emphasize strongly enough to go ahead and book that part of your flight, especially if you are going Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday. Those afternoon flights from GC to LC sell out fast.

There are many ways to get to Grand Cayman. There is one way to go from GC to LC and that's on the twin otters. If I were your group leader, I'd already have seats reserved.

I will say it one more time, secure your seats on that flight now.

A prop plane? Screw that - that's almost enough to make me cancel the whole damn trip right now! I'm a poor flyer under the best of conditions, but a prop plane over open water? :vomit:

It's only maybe 30 minutes but it is a prop plane. Not a bad flight at all. I do hope who ever is organizing this trip has let folks know that they need to go ahead and book that flight.

I have taken groups of over 30 folks and I reserve two complete flights going and coming the day those flights open up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom