Sportsways Waterlung First Stage--No LP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since your name is James Bon, James Bon,
and you are from OC --where it all began

I have a huge jar of US Diver conshelf pins from when I was consulting and teaching the company SCUBA course for U S Divers.

PM your snail mail address and I will stuff them in a US PO envelope and shoot them off to you--No charge to you and a lot of pins to play with --cut, grind & pound until it works.

By the way my cousin married a gentleman in Montclair --name ? Mike Nelson !

SDM

My sister was dating Mike Nelson's (Lloyd Bridges') nephew who looked just like Jeff Bridges. I also did some work for a guy who knew Lloyd's agent so I ended up with two personalized pictures of Mike Nelson. Unfortunately neither was with his mask on his head. So, at first I was two people away from knowing him and then only one. Too bad my sister dumped the guy--I think Lloyd would have been an interesting person to meet. That was shortly before he died.

Thanks in advance for the pins! I'll get that address to you.

Speaking of US Divers, I just revived my old Calypso first stage that I probably put over 1000 hours on, mainly at Orange County beaches. It had a small stream of bubbles coming from the first stage and all I did was take it apart, clean it thoroughly, put it back together and it looks like it will be good for another thousand hours. It only puts out about 125 PSI but I stuck an old Dacor second stage on it and now it breathes a lot easier.

Meanwhile, the Sportsways regulator will look good on my Sportsways steel 72 with the 1/2" J-Valve :wink: Of course I'll need to get a second stage to go with it. Too bad I don't have a Sportsways backpack. I guess my old US Divers Kam-Pak will have to do.

Hi J B ,
Your 1st stage is a Sportsways "Sport Diver" circa 1960/61/62 Will endeavor to upload here if not can send drawing adds of the day etc

my email is litremerter@talktalk.net

john

I always spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to upload here. Too bad they don't have a button that says something like "Upload Photo."

With great personal sacrifice and total disregard for my personal safety I entered my dusty crammed packed dive locker and with objects falling and excessive dust I located the quart "Pin Jar" extracted cups samples of two different samples of two different pins.

I then proceeded to stuff them in a plain white envelope for mailing Monday.

My only request it that you do not inform on me and alert the neighbors that I am giving away extremely rare and valuable vintage diving equipment

SDM

With great personal sacrifice and total disregard for my personal safety I entered my dusty crammed packed dive locker and with objects falling and excessive dust I located the quart "Pin Jar" extracted cups samples of two different samples of two different pins.

I then proceeded to stuff them in a plain white envelope for mailing Monday.

My only request it that you do not inform on me and alert the neighbors that I am giving away extremely rare and valuable vintage diving equipment

SDM

It sounds like I owe you BIG TIME.

I am sworn to secrecy however the burglers seems to currently be most interested in catalytic converters.

Muuumm ! You have a car that new that has a catalytic converter ?

I am just a slow talking, slow walking, slow thinking, bashful broken down diver from the OC who can only afford to drive and equally broken down old Pick Up. I must use broken down old Pick Up when I coast down the hill to the beach every morning with my little dog Max and hope it has enough power to chug back up the hill.

Some times it doesn't have the power and Max has to get out into his doggie harness and pull it up like he is the star of the Iditarod race in Alaska...Oh the shame ! Poor Max !

Maybe just maybe I should reconsider the gift ???

SDM

A couple of weeks ago I went to start up my girlfriend's 2005 Honda Element and it sounded like it had no exhaust system connected to it. It turned out that someone stole the catalytic converter. From what I've read they get about $20-$100 for the cats (because of the platinum in them) and cause about $2500 in damage.

My car is a '91 Explorer. My dog died so now I have to push it myself so I try not to have too many scuba tanks in there at one time.

Many thanks to Sam Miller for an assortment of push pins! LP is restored however it still has some issues. The pressure is not building up all the way (only to about 85 psi or so) and it is pulsating which is seen and felt at the second stage. According to the diagrams the HP valve seat is reversible plus there is an O-Ring in there so I'll try replacing that and reversing the seat. It was also leaking past the diaphragm but a little silicone grease and some extra tightening seems to have solved that but there is still a little corrosion that I'll need to clean out. I tried removing the pressure-relief valve and plugging the other LP port but that did nothing.

Back
Top Bottom