Underwater texting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They already have voice communication, isn't that better?
I could see someone busy texting and running into a rock or drifting too deep, running OOA, or some other stupid thing that texting seems to cause.

Texting underwater? Hard enough to do via virtual keyboard on any mobile, try it with thick gloves underwater. It will get frustrating very quickly. Pull out your wetnotes or a slate..

im no millennial but actual texting built into a dive computer would be handy but leave out the social media aspect and enjoy tour surroundings .no picture/video can replace actually looking at something and remembering being there

Jesus!
I can't believe people are taking this seriously!!
Isn't one of the reasons people dive is to get away from that crap?!

You consider hand signals and slate communications to be crap? It's not for texting people topside, it's just another way of communicating with a buddy. A bit more detailed and accurate, IMHO. As long as it's technically workable, it sounds like a great idea to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom