single SPG or console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 383436

My SPG is not dangling around. It's compact (2" OD x 1/2" thick), 1/4" OD hose with magnetic coupling attachment (see red/back button clamped on the hose & D-ring just above the SPG) for easy look up by pulling up the SPG to view the gauge. After viewing the gauge, then you release the SPG, the magnetic button would snap the SPG back in place.
Nice!! Where can I get one of the magnetic buttons?

Small brass spg clipped off to left dring whether harness or jacket ( nice and neat ), I have AI computer but like the little spg as a redundancy. I some times use a console when diving post vintage retro regs, having it clipped off to the chest isn't too bad. The only thing about consoles is the divers out there that let them hang down.

Last edited:
I have a console. It has compass, spg, and pressure depth guage. (Came that way). Wear two wrist computers. I do not see where it is a dangle problem. I have a clip on it and attach to a ring on the end of one of my upper bcd straps. I can can check air or use compass without unhooking. If I have a pony it is just long enough to route on the outside of the slung 19.

hey guys,

what is everyone using for recreational diving? I'm thinking of buying a single SPG, is there any reason why i should maybe get a console?

i eventually plan on buying a basic wrist computer like the puck pro so didn't see any use in a bulky console.

You will still need a depth gauge, so unless you buy the computer at the same time, you will be without. You should also think about compass.

I use a naked SPG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom