Just Returned From Group Trip On The Belize Aggressor IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Key Largo Dive Center

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The Key Largo Dive Center's dive travel club "The KLDC Dive Gang" just returned from a week onboard the Belize Aggressor IV (formerly the SunDancer). We had a great time diving up to five times per day. We encountered an incredible variety of sea life and saw some friendly reef sharks and sea turtles on almost every dive. The sponges and corals were huge and excellent.
The water was very nice and warm about 85 degrees. We can't say enough good things about Captain Eddie and Capt Alex and their crew. Elia was our favorite staff member who anticipated our every need before we even knew it, we can't say enough great things about her. The Belize Aggressor IV crews' service, food, and attention to our divers was outstanding and first rate. The cabins were spacious and comfortable. There was never any shortage of hot water, especially nice on the dive deck showers after each dive. Our visit to the Blue Hole was exciting and they looked out for our safety there as well on on every dive.
I highly recommend the Belize Aggressor IV to anyone considering diving the reefs of Belize. Liveaboard diving down here is the only way to do it right and nobody does it better than the Aggressor Fleet. We will definitely plan another KLDC Dive Gang trip back to Belize very soon and we look forward to seeing their friendly staff again.

Captain Larry Toigo
Key Largo Dive Center
www.KeyLargoDiveCenter.com
scuba@KeyLargoDiveCenter.com
(305) 451-5844

Thanks for the report. I have booked the entire boat for late May in 2018. Can't get here soon enough!

My husband and I just returned from Belize IV (formerly Sun Dancer II) and can confirm all of your positive comments. Captain Eddy and crew were fantastic. Cabins were spacious and very comfortable - king size bed! - and diving was very good. I highly recommend this particular itinerary and boat. I don't have any experience with the Aggressor III, but I would dive with Capt Eddy and crew again in a second. As a matter of fact, I am hoping to book a 10 day trip next year.

My wife and I and some friends are booked for the Aggressor III this summer. We are really looking forward to the trip and some new scenery. If anyone has any do's and dont's recommendations for us please let me know. None of us have done a live aboard before.

If anyone has any do's and dont's recommendations for us please let me know. None of us have done a live aboard before.

If you haven't done so already, get your Nitrox cards. Also be aware that while water temps in the low 80s can sound very warm, a week of 4-5 dives daily can really leach the heat out of your body. Don't skimp on the exposure protection. Be aware of any quirks with your dive computers. If you lock one up by accident, the crew will be compelled to keep you out of the water until it clears.

If you haven't done so already, get your Nitrox cards. Also be aware that while water temps in the low 80s can sound very warm, a week of 4-5 dives daily can really leach the heat out of your body. Don't skimp on the exposure protection. Be aware of any quirks with your dive computers. If you lock one up by accident, the crew will be compelled to keep you out of the water until it clears.

Thanks @rongoodman. Wife always dives with a 3mil shorty in the caribbean. Typically in water that warm Im in trunks and a rash guard shirt. Im taking a shorty this time because Im going to be about 100 pounds lighter this trip to the caribbean than last time (last August) and while I was never cold even on days where we did 4 dives most of my "natural" insulation is going to be gone...

Ill talk to my LGS about getting Nitrox certified before we go.

And..... Nitrox cards in hand! 28 days from tomorrow we will be winging our way to Belize. Cant freaking wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom