Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and what reasons have kept you diving? ... ...Eventually I got to a simple enjoyment phase, where I was diving just for the enjoyment of being in the water. ... What about you?
Being able to live in the third dimension.

On land, it is over here or over there. I'm screwed to the ground.

Underwater, up there or down here becomes just as valid. Nowhere is off limits. I can fly...

... because I'm too old to become an astronaut ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So many reasons:
1) Peace and solitude - I am alone with my thoughts even with a group of 10 divers in the water.
2) Seeing what (as someone above said) the nose breathers don't - I don't think I will ever tire of seeing a reef, wreck, fish etc.
3) The ability to move anywhere I want to in any dimension. I can be as acrobatic as I want when I want which certainly is not the case on land.
4) Switch off from real life

well 2 years ago i was lucky enough to movie from the UK to live in Malta. after the first year of being here i was looking for a new hobby and i thought lets give diving a go once ide been down once i could not get enough of it so i certified.
ill always dive now because 1. I want to further my training and 2. so much i want to see underwater so that is gonna take time and i have nothing but :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom