Power inflator malfunction stats?

Experienced power inflator malfunction UW?

• Stuck valve, disconnected without trouble

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Stuck valve, able to unstick

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Stuck valve, uncontrolled ascent

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Never experienced a power inflator issue

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Witnessed a stuck valve incident

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Won't regularly dive a power inflator

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Discovered a sticky valve during predive

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • OTHER?

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will service it if I remember otherwise I would just set up the gear, evacuate the wing, turn on the gas and leave it standing for several hrs(usually overnight). Every now and then I would be looking at a fully inflated wing when I returned. Pre dive check(1st dive) is recommended especially for tec dive.
I always pack a spare power inflator and service kit for tec trip.

This is what fails. On my Zeagle it's easy to replace. I don't know about other bc's. Pretty common valve stem or snifter valve or whatever you call it. Snifter Valve

exactly ! I replace it every 2 years. done in a minute, cost nothing :)

I've seen three new(ish) Halcyon wings with stuck inflators in the past couple dozen dives. I'm not sure if this is coincidence or if there was a bad batch of power inflators.

I've seen three new(ish) Halcyon wings with stuck inflators in the past couple dozen dives. I'm not sure if this is coincidence or if there was a bad batch of power inflators.
I thought they have recalled/replaced those "metal" ones yrs ago.

I had one of the aqualung inflators stick just before the recall came out. Stuck on the precheck just before a 90ft wreck dive.

I had an apeks wing start to bubble under the button merely annoying and it never started to auto inflate but now I am good at rebuilding the inflator button.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom