Deep Diving on Nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think anyone argues that excessive can kill you, the question is more as to what is excessive? Am I really fine at 1.6 for 45 minutes, absent secondary factors like cold water or unusual exertion, or should I stay at 80% of that time to be safe, or never exceed 1.6, or maybe pick 1.5 or 1.4 as my personal max? I certainly haven't found decisive answers to these questions, and in fact have found contrary answers to most of them.

There doesn't seem to be a universal answer. It seems to be an individual thing. I don't know if O2 tolerance tests are still given but even those seemed to vary from person to person or even day to day for the same person.

JYC used 2.0 for their deep mixes and they all did fine at 400FSW. So go figure.

Out of total ignorance, why all the interest in doing side mount diving for recreational dives in Cozumel?
Simple: redundancy. Light harness for travel. Great for photographers where one is in essence solo diving.

Since I'm paranoid I like having redundancy. The concern for the 80s was me being overweighted. I requested in writing when I checked in and via email the steel 120s but they sent the 80s anyway. It was just one of the multiple problems we had during our trip with them in the end we had to go to the downtown Aldora office and finally were able to have it out then everything ran smooth. I'll be back next time.

Back
Top Bottom