Power inflator malfunction stats?

Experienced power inflator malfunction UW?

• Stuck valve, disconnected without trouble

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Stuck valve, able to unstick

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Stuck valve, uncontrolled ascent

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Never experienced a power inflator issue

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Witnessed a stuck valve incident

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Won't regularly dive a power inflator

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Discovered a sticky valve during predive

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • OTHER?

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only do the balanced SP inflators last longer, they work better. They really do inflate more smoothly, especially with very full tanks. I'm kind of surprised other companies haven't looked into balanced designs for inflators.

Not only do the balanced SP inflators last longer, they work better. They really do inflate more smoothly, especially with very full tanks. I'm kind of surprised other companies haven't looked into balanced designs for inflators.

I'd like to see the exploded view of the inflate button. I'm interested to know if there if there is a washer or cover under the button that would block debris from entering. The Aqualung may not be balanced, but the rubber cover over the whole button assembly keeps anything from mucking up the action.

I had a inflator that was slowly leaking from the bladder thru the inflator. It wasn't much of a issue when I was neutrally buoyant underwater, but when I am on the surface and inflated my bladder, I can feel hear the whizzing from the inflator.

It had a what looks like a soft sealed inflator button that is held in place by a screwed down flange, which when I tried to open up, the whole disintegrated and there was no holding back the air from the bladder. I was on a liveaboard and we changed the stem and it was still leaking. I asked the captain for duct tape to simulate a sealed button, but he told me this is my life I'm dealing with (he's saying its my life after he tried to use a plastic sheet as a substitute for the button) so I agreed to rent their crap for the whole week. I probably could have used silicone tape and fixed that thing there.

Never seen that type of inflator. Either it is ancient design or there is some mysterious leak in the inflator's body.

Back
Top Bottom