Lembeh...meh...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were in Lembeh earlier this year. Lots of stuff in the "visible" spectrum. How could you miss a 2 ft Mantis Shrimp? When everyone's got their heads down looking at a nudi or whatever - look up. Right there in front of Bitung Port was the biggest puffer I ever want to see. At that size they are seriously worrying. Years ago, the first time I saw a frog fish - I didn't see it. Everyone is pointing and signing clearly frogfish and I looked and looked at the rock and couldn't see it. When I was shown a photo later - it was the rock. And as for the small shy Mandarin fish - they didn't tell the ones under the Bianca who think they are related to Kim Kardassian.

Magnifying glass - really useful. For less serious times I always carry one of those plastic credit-card size magnifiers that you can get to help you read text. Costs next to nothing.

Muck diving - bigger than you think!

I've been using a magnifying glass for years. I keep it on a bungee attached to a dring on my bcd. I've also taken to keeping a special type of magnifier in my pocket. It's actually made for viewing photo sheets but I use it for the lovelies that are still too small for my magnifying glass.

When I dove Lembeh it was with Black Sands Resort and not only is that a beautiful resort but the food is quite good too. Perhaps the best I've ever had in an Indonesian resort or LOB. This may be because the owner is Canadian and wife is a chef? In any event, I was taken to a few colorful walls, for example Nudi Falls. The garbage only bothered me at TDK and the site with all the Mandarin fish but the Mandarins helped me get past it.

I saw my hairy octopus diving from Bangka with Aswan. :D

Back
Top Bottom