Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG.. I was looking through very old threads here on SB, and came upon something I posted back in the original Trolls thread, years ago..
[chime music]
If I could find an octopus in a bottle
The first that I'd like to do
Is to shoot everyday
Like pho'grapher gone astray
And then to share it with you

If I could make dives last forever
If tides would always be high
I'd log every dive at Blue Heron Bridge
And then share it with you

But there never seems to be enough dives
To cover the east and west spans
But the pillars are very cool
I've looked around enough to know
The shopping carts are illegal
And very near the boats

If I had dive just of wishes
And photos that were all in focus
My SD card would be full
And the batteries still good
And the camera is not flooded

But there never seems to be enough light
And the strobes are so big and heavy
The seahorses are scurrying
And keep moving away
If I could only shoot one
Then my dive will be complete

[end music]

You are dating yourself!

Arrived Friday in time for the bridge. Viz was zero, so we hightailed it to Pompano and did two boat dives in the afternoon. Saw six Goliath Grouper on one wreck - awesome. Got up early today (Saturday) and did Lauderdale By The Sea. Not bad, 10 - 15 feet viz. Then we drove back up to the bridge and did the east side - very murky, 2-3ft so we swam over to the west side and it looks a little better, maybe 3-5. Lots of open water classes there - didn't look too fun. All in all a good 40 hour excursion. Back to Baltimore on the early flight.

Keep the vis reports coming! I want to dive.

MrChen, BHB reported viz yesterday 7-10 ft and ugly with silt/sand everywhere. 80-82 degrees recently.......When do you want to go?

Is ASAP too soon? :)

Winds and resultant sea state are likely to blow this weekend out. Friday's charters have already bailed and venturing Saturday may get thumbed also so that leaves the Bridge or Sunday. Seems like it's been over a month with little hope of improvement in the vis :(

I haven't been in the water for a month. This is unacceptable. :) I went to downtown Stuart yesterday and was walking near the river. The wind was blowing really hard, felt nearly like TS force winds.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom