Best place to live in USA if you are a diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Socal--San Diego Ventura-Santa Barbara. Shore dives, lots of boats to offshore locations, nicer than LA/Orange County.

CentCal. Monterey

Kona coast, Hawaii. I have friends who move there and dive two or three times a week.[/QUOTE

As stated previously; I'm all in on San Diego County.

I've lived in La Jolla, South Mission Beach, Del Mar.

Fine beach diving, good local boats, fun in Mexican waters. wrecks and reefs close offshore.

I usually was in the water several times a week, year round.

Excursions into Mexico also lots of fun.

We all have our favs-the list goes on.

I Lived on Wind N' Sea Beach in La Jolla. a small North South Reef less than 100 meters offshore-near alligator point.

My kid brother lived on Nautilus off Windandsea back in the late 80s after getting out of college. he loved to surf that spot after work. I did some snorkeling there (in the days before it was called "freediving". I seem to recall a certain establishment nearby "Kauhuna's?" but the memory fades over the years....

Reactions: mdb
My kid brother lived on Nautilus off Windandsea back in the late 80s after getting out of college. he loved to surf that spot after work. I did some snorkeling there (in the days before it was called "freediving". I seem to recall a certain establishment nearby "Kauhuna's?" but the memory fades over the years....

I lived both on Bon Air and Nautilus Street over the years.

There is a great small reef just off Wind N' Sea beach.

Lots of lobster, Abalone, and hardly ever dived since it is small, far from the harbor, know only to the "locals" mostly.

The surf break is famous. Your kid brother lived in a great spot.

Branford Florida. I can drive less than 45 minutes to over 35 dive sites. (Cave diving). Closest site is Little River 6 miles from home. When I get tired of caves I can drive 8 hours to the carribien (keys).

Near any international airport :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom