New soft Goodman for handheld light (w/pics)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the setup in your first post and indeed I can put it on a Sola light no problem.The Goodman is indeed the same thing we got for my wife for her can light. I'm not particularly enamored of the unit. It's not very solid, doesn't cinch up smoothly, and it a PITA to thread the strap through the rings. It's cheap though.
The setup makes the light stand away from the hand on a 'stalk'. This aggravates the inherent problems with the strap stability. With my wife's the light is Velcro'ed directly onto the back of the hand which stabilizes it. Might not be as much of an issue underwater with some of the weight neutralized. I'll check it out this weekend if my dive happens. We're into winter weather patterns here and cancellation is always a possibility.

We're into winter weather patterns here and cancellation is always a possibility.

I totally understand. When I was in high school, we lived on Bainbridge Island. We cooked at least one Thanksgiving meal on the woodburning stove in the living room... Good luck!

Hi Stuart - here's another option for you for just a light : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044R57N0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought one a couple years ago, and had my wife remove the top strap and add some 2" wide elastic; it stretches enough for a couple of different lights, and she tacked on a split ring for additional retention.
I live in Fredericksburg and can show it to you if you'd like - shoot me an email and we'll work it out.

Kevin Long
motorref@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom