Which wrist do you wear your computer(s)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My computer is worn on my upper left forearm. My watch and sometimes compass goes on my left wrist. Nothing goes on my right arm. My computer has a little compass on it allowing me to dispense with the wrist compass except when I have an expectation of needing to do significant compass work. This allows my right hand to be unencumbered to manipulate my camera easily.

I used a small and quite ancient Scubapro universal console for many years. I kept it on a short HP hose and would clip it to my left harness much as is considered Hog compliant today. The problem with consoles is that they are usually on very long hoses, are heavy and seem to inspire all manner of creative and usually buggered methods of restraining and attaching (such as retractors) that are not very pretty, if not outright kludge.

N

Last edited:
All,
I know when it comes to tec training, most instructors will have you put your computers in gauge mode...etc which is fine but which wrist do you all wear them on? Currently im running a Perdix and a GEO 2.0 on left hand and a wrist mount compass on right hand. I have seen mixed trains of thought on which arms to put these on so really appreciate all your thoughts. Thanks.
My primary computer is on my left wrist. Both of my backup computers are in my right BCD pocket. I do not currently own a compass.

I wear my computers (petrel primary with flip-up slate and Oceanic backup) and my light on left. The logic was to have access to read computer and use light while running a DPV with my right. Since I don't dive with a DPV, I have no good reason for not yet having redistributed my gear, except that doing so may conflict with my conditioning in a bad situation until I get used to it. The clutter isn't bad enough that I am looking to throwing myself off to relearn.

I'm left-handed, so my slate and watch are on the right, with computer and compass on the left. I can operate my inflator with either hand, but generally don't have to touch it very often. Knife on right BC strap, and shears on right thigh pocket. Light (if used) is usually in my right hand.

one on each. left is the place i naturally look, also where i wear a watch out of the water, which is sort of a bummer because the one on the right is the one with the fischer. (and yes, it is annoying to use it upside down as someone upthread said, but the sidekick's on the right because we couldn't switch the inflator hose to the right.)

if i could have any scuba wish, more real estate on my forearms would be a top contender.

One on each forearm. This retains situational awareness when passing through restrictions; as I'd often move through a restriction one arm forwards, one behind.

Petrel goes on the left, as it doesn't require torch illumination (torch on the left also). Bottom timer and compass on the right, so torch can illuminate them easily.

OSTC Sport and second backup computor - the same as my buddy wife - on the left, compass on the right. Just by habit. Now I cannot change, I only have a close up lens on the left side of my mask :yeahbaby:

compass on the right, so torch can illuminate them easily.
This is one thing I don't like about the GUE configuration with the compass on the left arm for that reason exactly. I have to swap my torch to my right hand to light up my compass. Unfortunately, I had to delay my GUE fundies course to January, but this will be a topic I bring up. I am guessing that the end result will be when I am on any GUE dives, follow their setup. Any dives outside of that, on my right. I don't see how a team member would be affected at all on which arm I have my compass.

But back to the OT.

This is one thing I don't like about the GUE configuration with the compass on the left arm for that reason exactly. I have to swap my torch to my right hand to light up my compass. Unfortunately, I had to delay my GUE fundies course to January, but this will be a topic I bring up. I am guessing that the end result will be when I am on any GUE dives, follow their setup. Any dives outside of that, on my right. I don't see how a team member would be affected at all on which arm I have my compass.

But back to the OT.
Hit it with the light so it glows.

tough to use a scooter at the same time when it's on your right arm.

Hit it with the light so it glows.
But the light is on my left arm. How do I hit it when my canister light is also on my left?

tough to use a scooter at the same time when it's on your right arm.
Good point. But wouldn't you mount a compass on your scooter, enough such that the motor/metal wouldn't interfere with it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom