sizing for dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arcticat99

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey peeps what size suit would i need and what is a better choice socks or fixed boot .im 5ft 6 inches tall and around 190 not fat (little beer belly lol)but wide my jackets are 44 inches .in a wetsuit john im a large and jacket x large what are some recommendations

Depends on the size chart of the particular suit you're considering.

I prefer neoprene socks on the suit and separate boots, but my feet are a half size apart and I like being able to snug up my footwear.

My ds is a dui shell and the boots are part of the suit.
Sizing is al in the manufacturer. get someone to measure you and get it custom depending on the suit you are getting. try on before buying.

With respect to sizing, I would recommend that you pick out a couple of suits that you like and then check out the size chart. If you don't fit well within the size chart, a custom suit is an option, and not very much more than an off the rack suit. We custom fit suits all of the time with hardly any issues, in fact Mike and Chris have made an art form out of helping people size up over Skype. On the boot v sock question, that's really a matter of personal preference. Personally, I like attached boots because that's one less thing I can potentially forget when I'm packing for a dive trip. Others like the ankle support and tougher sole that come with separate boots. If you're walking over a lot of rocky surfaces to a dive site, I would recommend the separate boots over the attached boot.

I'm like Marie, both my drysuits have attached boots, but I would prefer neoprene socks. I think I'm going to have one of them changed to socks by DRiS this winter. I think socks will fit snug-but-comfortable whether I'm wearing 1 thin sock or 2 thick socks. As it is, one of my suit's boots fit a little too snug with 2 thick socks and a little too loose with 1 thin sock. The other suit's boots fit well with 2 thick socks but are definitely too loose with 1 thin sock. And I need 2 thick socks in the local quarry, but I definitely want only 1 thin sock for the warmer water I dive dry in.

My plan it to have neoprene socks on my drysuit and then probably use normal wetsuit booties and size L fins in warmer water and beefier rock boots with size XL fins for cold water.

One size for all conditions does not work for scuba footwear, in my opinion.

I'm like Marie, both my drysuits have attached boots, but I would prefer neoprene socks. I think I'm going to have one of them changed to socks by DRiS this winter. I think socks will fit snug-but-comfortable whether I'm wearing 1 thin sock or 2 thick socks. As it is, one of my suit's boots fit a little too snug with 2 thick socks and a little too loose with 1 thin sock. The other suit's boots fit well with 2 thick socks but are definitely too loose with 1 thin sock. And I need 2 thick socks in the local quarry, but I definitely want only 1 thin sock for the warmer water I dive dry in.

My plan it to have neoprene socks on my drysuit and then probably use normal wetsuit booties and size L fins in warmer water and beefier rock boots with size XL fins for cold water.

One size for all conditions does not work for scuba footwear, in my opinion.

I actually do have neoprene socks on my USIA Techniflex. My right foot is a half size larger than my left. I've always had an issue with the left shoe being loose if the pair fits the right. So, lace up rock boots (or Chuck Taylors for other folks) and I'm happy.

I have the very comfy Fourth Element Arctic socks (two layer socks with fleece on the inside) and that's enough to wear under my neoprene socks and my rock boots. I swear by these socks.

4th Element Arctic Socks | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Had my boots replaced with socks and love the socks. My feet are not made for boots. Never could get them to stick to my feet. With rock boots I can tie the laces exactly as snug as I want them.

With respect to sizing, I would recommend that you pick out a couple of suits that you like and then check out the size chart. If you don't fit well within the size chart, a custom suit is an option, and not very much more than an off the rack suit. We custom fit suits all of the time with hardly any issues, in fact Mike and Chris have made an art form out of helping people size up over Skype. On the boot v sock question, that's really a matter of personal preference. Personally, I like attached boots because that's one less thing I can potentially forget when I'm packing for a dive trip. Others like the ankle support and tougher sole that come with separate boots. If you're walking over a lot of rocky surfaces to a dive site, I would recommend the separate boots over the attached boot.
How would I go about getting you information about what size sock I'd need for replacement. Mine on my scubapro Evertec LT are too big and need them sized correctly. Your website on the repair services in regards to drysuit sock options is down. Thanks

How would I go about getting you information about what size sock I'd need for replacement. Mine on my scubapro Evertec LT are too big and need them sized correctly. Your website on the repair services in regards to drysuit sock options is down. Thanks

Hmmmm....I'll have to see why that link is broken.

Here is the link to the Neoprene Drysuit Socks:
Replacement Neoprene Booties - Dive Right in Scuba

Back
Top Bottom