Bare Trilam Tech Dry Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve858

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It was very difficult for me to find any information on this suit other than from DRIS and Bare's description. I wanted to write a quick review about my buying experience and first impression of the suit. I looked all over trying to find the suit that would fit my budget and last several years. Being from San Diego my LDS sells DUI which I looked at repeatedly but couldn't fork 3k for the luxury of warmth. I have 2 children under 5! I ended up going with a Bare Trilam tech dry from DRIS.
-Great service
-2 month delivery from date ordered (suit considered custom due to the red color selection)
-suit has basic sizes so I ordered the xl with 1-2 inches added to legs. I am 6'3" and 200 pounds.

Suit arrived!
-packaged neatly with a drysuit backpack and inflator hose. Also comes with wax and little talc bag.
-Quality is incredible!!! I keep staring at it and inspecting every feature in awe of the workmanship and feel of the trilam.
-pretty sure my suit will put a DUI TLS to shame. (Just based on the suits I have seen around)

Tried it on.
-neoprene compressed socks fit my Size 11 foot perfect while wearing a thick wool socks. No bunching at all in rockboot.
-pulled on nicely over my USIA Exotherm 1 Fleece suit.
-with a little talc the seals pulled over hands and head smoothly
-zipper operates smoothly
-fit me like a custom suit, can't believe it

I can't wait to get it wet, just so happens we have some nasty weather rolling in this week. So I guess I'll have to stare at it some more. Will update after diving.

Attachments

• 20161024_174144.jpg
    20161024_174144.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 768
  • 20161025_175041.jpg
    20161025_175041.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 630
  • 20161025_175051.jpg
    20161025_175051.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 686
  • 20161025_175058.jpg
    20161025_175058.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 613
  • 20161025_175152.jpg
    20161025_175152.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 671
  • 20161025_175325.jpg
    20161025_175325.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 606
  • 20161025_175134.jpg
    20161025_175134.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 20161025_175109(0).jpg
    20161025_175109(0).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 614
I recently got the same suit except with the tech boots, tech pockets and SI Tech cuff rings.

I really like it so far. I also like that Bare is local to me.

You should have asked here. I have one. The exhaust valve is in the wrong place, Bare has no idea that pockets and pee valves shouldn't be installed with latex glue (I love how the pockets peel off). However it is certainly better than the 3 people I know who ordered a custom HDC tech suit, my off-the shelf suit never leaked. After a combined 6 trips back to bare I think only one suit still leaks. The review below is not from any of the 3 people I know...

BARE HDC Tech Dry Review - The Drysuit From Hell

So good luck!

You should have asked here. I have one. The exhaust valve is in the wrong place, Bare has no idea that pockets and pee valves shouldn't be installed with latex glue (I love how the pockets peel off). However it is certainly better than the 3 people I know who ordered a custom HDC tech suit, my off-the shelf suit never leaked. After a combined 6 trips back to bare I think only one suit still leaks. The review below is not from any of the 3 people I know...

BARE HDC Tech Dry Review - The Drysuit From Hell

So good luck!
Well that was uplifting considering my clear excitement about my new suit. Next time before you crap on someone's plate before they take a bite, make sure you know what you are talking about. The HDC Tech Dry is a completely different suit that has been discontinued due to their problems with the material delaminating and leaks. Many people have written about the issue which is why I purchased the Trilam tech dry and not the HDC tech dry on clearance down the street at the LDS. You seem to be quite miserable maybe you need a more fulfilling career, hot girlfriend, hot wife, a hug?!, something more than a life of trolling the boards.

I own the exact suit you have. After paying someone competent 300 bucks to fix the pockets, exhaust valve location and pee valve it is ok.

And yes, I'm kind of irritated by the amount of trouble a $2500 suit (including undergarments Iirc) that took 4 months to show up has caused me. I had to send it back once because the pockets and pee valve were peeling off - only to find they again used the wrong glue when I got it back a month later. Guess what again happened to the pockets? Having to pay somone to fix an in-warranty suit because Bare is completely clueless is annoying.

But I will admit it didn't leak.

So good luck.

I own the exact suit you have. After paying someone competent 300 bucks to fix the pockets, exhaust valve location and pee valve it is ok.

And yes, I'm kind of irritated by the amount of trouble a $2500 suit (including undergarments Iirc) that took 4 months to show up has caused me. I had to send it back once because the pockets and pee valve were peeling off - only to find they again used the wrong glue when I got it back a month later. Guess what again happened to the pockets? Having to pay somone to fix an in-warranty suit because Bare is completely clueless is annoying.

But I will admit it didn't leak.

So good luck.

I am curious to know when you got your suit. Mine came with the pockets sewn on. No way those are coming off!

My LDS ordered my suit without the exhaust valve. When it arrived, they had me try it on and then marked the correct location for me. They personally took it back to Bare to have the valve installed. I couldn't be happier. It vents perfectly.

I think the suit is pretty well made. Time will tell, but I think I (and the OP) made a good choice. Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope it is all sorted out now.

Back
Top Bottom