Line cutter location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
So, after reading the two threads about the DGX ceramic blade line cutter, I went ahead and bought one. Looks good, durability yet to be determined, but where do I put it? Waist strap, shoulder strap or somewhere else?

I already carry two knives. My primary knife/multitool has a pointed 15cm blade, and I wear it on the inside of my left calf. It's the one I use most, for everything from spearing fish to prying and hammering. The second one has a cute 5cm blade and is carried on my waist strap, to the left of the buckle. It's mostly used as a kill knife to finish off whatever I spear with the BFK. Now, the line cutter is probably superfluous, but I was thinking that it might be nice for vacation diving when I don't pack my knives and/or dive in places where knives are frowned upon. Besides, is it possible to have too many cutting tools?

But I'm still not quite sure where to put it. I already have a cutting tool on my waist strap, so I was thinking that the line cutter would fit better somewhere else. And my right shoulder D-ring and the real estate on my right shoulder strap are occupied by my backup light. So, I'm kinda thinking left shoulder strap, somewhere below the D-ring. But it's be nice to hear where others are stowing their cutting tools before deciding.

I've gone shoulder strap held flat with a slice of inner tube, my buddy does reg hose mounted. I use to have a line cutter laced onto my dive watch strap.

Come to think of it, I think I'll give the ceramic one a shot too. Thanks for the reminder!

Cameron

Wear on your dive computer strap, opposite side from you knife. That way you can reach a cutting tool if either hand is entangled.

Left shoulder strap low enough to take out with either hand.

I have one on my left side sternum strap one on my right hip weight pocket and shears in my left pocket on dry suit

Main pry/cutting tool on inside lower leg, ceramic blade cutter on my waist belt and back-up knife on my combo gauge.

Where does one find a ceramic line cutter?

/\ /\ /\ /\

Me too. I have a Z cutter on the strap of my computer

Have a line cutter on my right shoulder D Ring
a small 6' (150mm) knife on my left shoulder webbing

Back
Top Bottom