Bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My top bucket list item is to dive, anywhere, with my grandson. He is three months old but I am already planning the trip.

Ok everyone can stop now you have added a lot of places to my bucket list. a lot of great ideas here.

My top bucket list item is to dive, anywhere, with my grandson. He is three months old but I am already planning the trip.

Similar sentiment here, but with my five month old son.

Haven't been able to dive at all for the past year, but planning a family vacation for next year to either the Jupiter/Juno Beach, Fl area or the Keys, so lots of my recent diving research has been for those places. Grandparents are coming along, so me and my wife plan to get away for a few dive trips.

My greater bucket list is huge since we are new divers in general,but Bonaire, Curaçao, Maldives certainly make the list. I would also like to do a liveaboard somewhere, as well as check out the Bahamas.

I have been to Cozumel already, but I would gladly return there in a heartbeat as well.

At this point I'm just ready to get back into the water, basically anywhere. :)

My number one is Tofo Island. I would love to visit Micronesia and find some remote place that no one else has dove before. I have about 30 places so far. I am always looking up places I would love to visit. I am a warm water diver, so it has to be some place tropical for me.

And of course after reading this there is about 30 more places I would like to add. (sounds like i need to find a sugar daddy to accomplish all these feats -- j/k)

I would also like to get into treasure hunting but that is an expensive hobby in itself.

Truk lagoon
Bikini atoll
U-869
Eagles Nest
Na Hoch Na Chech
Madison Blue circuit through rocky horror and back via the cross under tunnel
Ginnie springs The Ice Room
Cave system at Utila

And let's top it off with The Edmond Fitzgerald!

As posted here: What are the 10 best dive sites in the world?

In my bucket list, so far:
Remaining 2016:
Nov - GBR (Cod Hole)
Dec - Galapagos

2017:
Feb - Sailfish tour in Isla Mujeres
Aug - BHB & Goliath Grouper spawning in Jupiter, FL
Sep - Catalina Island
Nov - Liveaboard Ambon, Banda & Raja Ampat
Dec - Palau

- Liveaboard from Maumere to Ambon
- Liveaboard from Ambon to Kaimana
- Socorro
-South Africa
- Maldives

I need a bigger bucket :)

Checked off GBR - it ain't Raja Ampat!

Looking forward to check off Galapagos in 4 weeks.

Hi! Haven't dived in a while but I have been lucky enough to dive Komodo, mexico (not the guadalupe, just casual), the similan and the rowley shoals in Australia!

I did not read every single post but if it has not been done before I would recommend the Rowley shoals to be added on any bucket list!

Anyways, my posts comes after a search on the galapagos, I see that Dan_T was heading there. May I ask if the galapagos could be dived by a beginner and and "semi-advanced" diver like me ? I could help my friend who is a beginners - 25 dives logged - but otherwise would also rely on the dive guide. I read different informaiton online like here Galapagos Diving - Galapagos Liveaboard or on PADI Open Water Course Galapagos and I am not quite sure if assisted an open water diver can be okay around the galapagos.

We are thinking of a cruise - liveaboard.

Thank you also all for the great bucket list ideas :)

gM0034386.JPG
gM0034457.JPG
I just came back from Galápagos. I went with Galápagos Master liveaboard. It's guided dives of 2 groups with each group consists of 8 divers/DM. Some dives in Darwin Island have some currents & required negative entry to get down to the rocky bottom & hold on the rocks while watching the hammerhead sharks. It was cold water (63-72F). I wore 7mm full wetsuit & hood. You may need to have a minimum of 50 dives logged & good buoyancy control. If you stick closely with the DM, you'll be fine. Jimmy & Solo are good DMs / guides.

Last edited:
Many liveaboards in this area require 50 dives prior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom