Best all you can eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Cameron,

If I were you I would be afraid of buffet meals in Cozumel. I am sure that the big all inclusive hotels have them but I would really question whether any of them actually follow completely the guidelines for food hygiene in buffets. I have personally seen many "cold" items put back in the "warm" tray, and from customer experience (those who miss dives) I'd warn against them.

Go back home and try Golden Corral, Sizzler, etc, but in my opinion I'd never eat at a buffet in Cozumel. The one exception is the breakfast at Hotel Casa Mexicana which is VERY GOOD..

On the other hand, many people do eat at those others and don't get sick. So, good luck.

Dave Dillehay
(with no dog in this fight)

Aldora Divers

As Dave said the breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana is excellent. I have also heard that the Sunday brunch at Jeanie's is good. While not a buffet the Comida del Dia (meal of the day / lunch) at Casa Cozumil's, Miss Dollars and many other places is a large complete meal with soup, entree and mica or lemonade for about 65-80 MXN ($4). Some friends from Canada (3) ordered a 'sampler' plate at El Billies last November and while they were not sure what they paid (they were imbibing but it was not much) they had a hard time putting a dent in the platter of meat they got.

Then there is The PUB on Calle 4 between Av 5 & 10, for lunch or dinner. The Bangers and Mash with onion gravy is outstanding, I have never had a bad or small meal there.:cheers:

Kelly's had a buffet last Monday night. Not sure if it is a regular thing, they sold out pretty quick. Looked good, I did see and smell ribs.

I'll second for the breakfast buffet at Playa Azul!
Melia has an excellent breakfast buffet, open to visitors, not just AI customers.

Back
Top Bottom