Costa Rica Guanacaste Region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a recommendation for a dive shop or diving near Samara? I've got two days there where my friends want to relax on a beach but I'd like to do a dive or two (especially a night dive!)

Anyone have a recommendation for a dive shop or diving near Samara? I've got two days there where my friends want to relax on a beach but I'd like to do a dive or two (especially a night dive!)

Samara Diving | Facebook

My wife and I had a great time diving with them. We stayed down so long the boat captain started to worry there was a problem. They are located beside the open field downtown next to the butcher shop.

From Red Frog to Rocket Dog - well that's cleared that up then. :eyebrow:

Samara Diving | Facebook

My wife and I had a great time diving with them. We stayed down so long the boat captain started to worry there was a problem. They are located beside the open field downtown next to the butcher shop.

I didn't realize Samara was so small! I found this place easily but it looked closed for the day (rainy season or simply too quiet for business?) I have to say Samara is AMAZING!!!! I loved the town, did some surfing and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! I would love to buy a place down there to visit in the future!

Tomorrow is my last day with Rocket Frog, after 8 days diving.

I have mixed feelings, depending on what DM I dove with. One was absolutely awful and negligent with little regard to procedure, safety, or pointing anything out. The other was really patient and relaxed. The boat would also disappear while we were under to drop off people who were done diving. This did not impress me either. Comms with the shop were good, but pickups were defintitely "Latino time".

The diving itself was hit or miss. Today I saw a lot but another day it was just rocks and scorpion fish. At the Catalinas Islands I was fortunate to see a massive school of devil rays fly over me (like 100s), which was quite special.

As someone who loves SE Asia, this does not compare, I'm glad I dove here, but I won't return.

Tomorrow is my last day with Rocket Frog, after 8 days diving.

I have mixed feelings, depending on what DM I dove with. One was absolutely awful and negligent with little regard to procedure, safety, or pointing anything out. The other was really patient and relaxed.
Could you give the names, please? We'll be diving there in 2 weeks:)

Back
Top Bottom