Hot-Dipped Galvanized steel tank versus Triple Protected Galvanized Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divegear express & DRIS.

Same ones that we sell. These are not the same "Hot Dipped Galvanized" as the old Pressed Steel or Worthingtons. This is still a poly coated cylinder with epoxy paint. If these get scratched, they can still rust.

Faber is making galvanized cylinders, but they're not hot dipped, it's a flame spray process. You can order them from DRIS's web site. While everyone seems to have an opinion about the relative longevity of cylinders made using this process, I think that time is the only thing that will show us how good it is.

Yes, I know, we sell the same ones. These are not Hot Dipped, which is why I asked the OP the question.

Frank: You have many customers here on SB. I don't think you have these in stock (at least not yet).

Frank: You have many customers here on SB. I don't think you have these in stock (at least not yet).

Not yet, but I am on it now.... Trying to see if these are a DGX exclusive or not. Stay tuned...

Faber is making galvanized cylinders, but they're not hot dipped, it's a flame spray process. You can order them from DRIS's web site. While everyone seems to have an opinion about the relative longevity of cylinders made using this process, I think that time is the only thing that will show us how good it is.

According to the DRIS www site, they ARE hot-dipped galvanized tanks.

I just heard that these Faber Hot Dipped Galvanized cylinders will be introduced at DEMA.
Some dealers got them early. We should have them soon after DEMA....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom