Howdy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlennL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
In the famous words of Joe Dirt..... "I'm new! I don't know what to do!"
I have always wanted to scuba and I think I am finally going to stop making excuses and do it. I live in the Atlanta area and I am currently looking to go to the Blue Grotto down in FL and get certified. Hopefully next week. I don't know anything about anything so I figured this site would hopefully serve as a good resource.
Also hoping to maybe get some networking action and meet some folks, as it is my understanding that a dive buddy is somewhat a requirement. Anyway, just saying hi and cruising the forum.

Hi all,
In the famous words of Joe Dirt..... "I'm new! I don't know what to do!"
I have always wanted to scuba and I think I am finally going to stop making excuses and do it. I live in the Atlanta area and I am currently looking to go to the Blue Grotto down in FL and get certified. Hopefully next week. I don't know anything about anything so I figured this site would hopefully serve as a good resource.
Also hoping to maybe get some networking action and meet some folks, as it is my understanding that a dive buddy is somewhat a requirement. Anyway, just saying hi and cruising the forum.
Welcome to SB! Blue Grotto is a great place to learn to dive! I head down to the springs every winter and the Grotto is always on my list! Say hi to Virgil for me! Good to have you here!

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida...good luck with your training and enjoy the depths....

Thanks. I did get everything set up to start class on Tuesday. I am going to sleep in my hammock to cut down costs for hotel stays lol. I am trying to resist the urge to buy equipment before I go. On one hand I would like to start out with my own stuff, on the other hand I don't know what stuff to buy.
I did buy a new atomic frameless mask and snorkel. And a used set of atomic split fins off eBay. These items seemed to have profoundly good reviews in a lot of places on the internet.

Thanks. I did get everything set up to start class on Tuesday. I am going to sleep in my hammock to cut down costs for hotel stays lol. I am trying to resist the urge to buy equipment before I go. On one hand I would like to start out with my own stuff, on the other hand I don't know what stuff to buy.
I did buy a new atomic frameless mask and snorkel. And a used set of atomic split fins off eBay. These items seemed to have profoundly good reviews in a lot of places on the internet.
It's a good idea to get into the course before you consider your personal equipment purchase. In fact, do some diving, try out different types of equipment, borrow, rent, ask questions. Doing this will ensure that you're purchasing the right gear for YOU and only have to buy once.

Well I completed my open water and nitrox certs.
Kevin Tate was an excellent instructor and can't say enough nice things about him.
I now have all my gear including a new tank. Now I just need to find people to help and dive with an fng

that's great and congratulations. now get out there and dive dive dive...find a charter or a facebook dive group to get some buddies..

Back
Top Bottom