Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone dive the bridge this morning?

I'm looking at the bridge as potentially my only option to dive this weekend - boats thumbed, and shore dives looking a little choppy ... wondering if conditions at BHB are still in the terrible to awful range?

I'm wondering specifically about bacteria levels and vis. Any improvements?

Anyone dive the bridge this morning?

I'm looking at the bridge as potentially my only option to dive this weekend - boats thumbed, and shore dives looking a little choppy ... wondering if conditions at BHB are still in the terrible to awful range?

I'm wondering specifically about bacteria levels and vis. Any improvements?

The no swimming advisory was lifted on Oct 19th. The no-viz limit continues in single digits or even fractions of a foot at times. But check Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club on Facebook for a this morning viz report. I noticed that Force E has cancelled their night dive at BHB for tonight.

The no swimming advisory was lifted on Oct 19th. The no-viz limit continues in single digits or even fractions of a foot at times. But check Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club on Facebook for a this morning viz report. I noticed that Force E has cancelled their night dive at BHB for tonight.

ugh ...

"Well I got up to take a look at the water this morning at the park. The VIZ in my coffee looks better than what's in the park on the west side near the fishing pier. The east side might have had 1-3 feet in the shallows, but any deeper and it looked the same as the west side."

wish I hadn't checked :p
I think I haven't been underwater since just a couple days after the hurricane ... losing the plot here on dry land, lol. I might just dive in the soup tomorrow morning just to practice low vis stuff.

Vis might be really sucky and all, but at least if you're really desperate to get wet, you can. Course all the fish are hiding too..

I heard a 'no swim advisory' due to bacteria was reported today.

Yep, I saw a press release put out by the Palm Beach County Health Dept after 4pm today....It is on their site. Sample taken the 31st, so they should resample tomorrow and update the site Thursday--sucks, as we planned to dive BHB tomorrow-might wait a day or two now.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom