In Europe Oct, where to go short trip - warm water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I may be in Switzerland in Oct and have 2-3 days to take a short trip to dive. Is there any place you would recommend to dive that is a short flight away (approx. 2 hours or less) that you would recommend that would be warm (above 70F), clear and has good diving. I have seen online some locations in Europe to dive but at that time of year it looks like it would be well below 70F. Thanks. TK

Malta should be close. I'm not sure how far, or how safe Egypt will be.

The Red Sea is probably the closest to the Caribbean experience in terms of fish life and coral. If you are at the red sea resorts there is not much to do other than dive/snorkel, or sit by the beach/pool.

Malta has significantly less fish life and no coral. But plenty of divesites many of them man made. Lots of history, English used extensively. Lots of things to do and visit if you are not diving.

Gareth

While you did state warm water, I thought I would point out that the temperate equivalent of Truk is in Orkney (Scotland).
Scapa Flow contains the remains of the German Imperial Fleet, that was scuttled by the Germans at the end of the First World War.
The only issue is that it is difficult to book single places on the dive boats of Scapa Flow. However, if you are into your wreck diving it is a unique opportunity!

You can try L'Estartit, close to Girona and Barcelona (airports). One of the first Mediterranean protected sea arreas, The Medas Islands, can be reached in about 15 minutes by boat from this nice, quiet spot. Diving Center El Rei del Mar, l´Estarit, Medes Islands
Sorry, it is a bit old reply of yours but I am looking for information and maybe you can help me, I would like to know when is the best visibility for diving at Medes islands. I was diving there end of September and beginning of October and was not so good, maybe 6 meters, even less. I would like to go again but not sure how is vis changing depending of season? If can answer this would be great. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom