Need Women's Glove Rec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WrmBluH2O

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have a super-thin glove that you love? It's sun protection I'm after not warmth. If Henderson made a dive skin for one's hands, I would wear it.

My hands are about a women's size 7 with freakishly slender fingers. o_O Most of what I've found at local dive shops was way too thick or way too big.

Have seen a number of options online, but each usually has only ~ 0-3 ratings/reviews. I'm trying to avoid reinventing the wheel and/or ordering a half dozen pairs and doing a bunch of returns.

I would prefer not to wear gloves while diving. However, I leave for a week-long liveaboard in Belize in a little over a month and my doctor wants for me to wear gloves due to a medical condition. (Unsolicited she wrote a letter for me to take with me stating that explicitly.) I'll give the dive op a heads-up about the sitch because I should check whether or not they are all right with my need to wear gloves. My fellow divers are going to think I don't know better... :confused:

Obviously, if we are at any marine parks that prohibit gloves, I will simply sit out the dive.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

warmth or just protection (edit - saw that)? Truth be told, if/when we get warm water temps, it's garden gloves from True Value Hardware just to deal with the Zebra Mussels... heck of a lot less spendy than name brand scuba crap, and likely lasts better....

You're welcome! Glad to help! :) I'm actually wearing them in my avatar. Great dexterity - I used them in my OW dives without issue, as well as underwater pumpkin carving. Manipulating buckles, snaps, etc., is not an issue.

I think I'm gonna give those a try also. I like a thin glove

The Pinnacle V-skin gloves are thin and I like them. Please be aware the glove is very nice, but doesn't have a lot of grip; made it a little more challenging for this newbie to get the bolt snap on a D-ring. (Admittedly, I need to practice that ~1000 times.) :D

Dive Right in Scuba went above and beyond in terms of letting me know a likely ETA (as they were waiting on a shipment). Their customer service was so good I don't have the heart to return the gloves they sent me even though I obtained them from another source "just in case" (so I'd have them in time for my trip). Just a shout out given Dive Right in Scuba was so thoughtful, especially considering it was a very small purchase. Love that! :)

I used to commercially dive for golf balls and you needed as much dexterity as possible and touch and also protection from broken glass and everything else. I was taught to dive with playtex dishwashing gloves. Soft, flexible and surprisingly strong, will probably last a few weeks of diving. I would put them on before the long sleeve wetsuit jacket so there was no issue with the sleeves.

Playtex Living Gloves DripCatch Cuff | Walgreens

LOL I am familiar with those, thanks. Beats the he$$ out of doing household chores with 'em. :cool:

The Pinnacle V-skin gloves are thin and I like them. Please be aware the glove is very nice, but doesn't have a lot of grip; made it a little more challenging for this newbie to get the bolt snap on a D-ring. (Admittedly, I need to practice that ~1000 times.) :D

Dive Right in Scuba went above and beyond in terms of letting me know a likely ETA (as they were waiting on a shipment). Their customer service was so good I don't have the heart to return the gloves they sent me even though I obtained them from another source "just in case" (so I'd have them in time for my trip). Just a shout out given Dive Right in Scuba was so thoughtful, especially considering it was a very small purchase. Love that! :)

I didn't have issues with grip, guess it's a personal thing.

So glad you had a great experience with DRIS. They're my local shop and are just fab. :) I was there tonight (picking up my drysuit from p-valve installation).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom