What is your tank lineup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a very interesting thread because I don't see anyone with double LP50s (Faber).

(6) HP steel 120 (4 PST/2 Worthington)
(4) HP steel 130 (1 PST/3 Worthington)
(4) HP steel 100 (2 PST/ 2 Worthington)
(4) AL 30
(1) AL 80
(1) LP steel 108 (Faber)
(1) LP steel 85 (Faber)
(1) LP steel 76 'doubles' (Faber)
(1) LP steel 85 'doubles' (Faber)

(6) HP steel 120 (4 PST/2 Worthington)
(4) HP steel 130 (1 PST/3 Worthington)
(4) HP steel 100 (2 PST/ 2 Worthington)
(4) AL 30
(1) AL 80
(1) LP steel 108 (Faber)
(1) LP steel 85 (Faber)
(1) LP steel 76 'doubles' (Faber)
(1) LP steel 85 'doubles' (Faber)

OMG: out of control. For guys with more than 10 tanks. do you have a separate budget for VIP tanks?:) My shops in town insist on oxygen cleaning every year. Comes to about $53/year/tank.

I get VIPs for $15, that's cleaned for up to 40%. $53 seems insane to me, at that price I would get certified to do VIP's my self.

In certified to VIP. I also PP mix nitrox so I Just get an air topoff after I put in the proper amount of o2.

OMG: out of control. For guys with more than 10 tanks. do you have a separate budget for VIP tanks?:) My shops in town insist on oxygen cleaning every year. Comes to about $53/year/tank.

The going rate at a commercial dive shop here is somewhere around $15. I'm in a dive club that offers free VIPs every March, although they may change that this year.

I'm not going to pay to VIP every cylinder every year. None of them ever see any salt, they don't get filled in a water bath or on boats. The LP cylinders I can just transfill, particularly the ones that aren't used as much, so I don't have a dive shop's rules to consider.

If you think that 53 is a rip I have a quote of $150 for the cleaning/vip of a set of doubles. The $40 nitrox fill is extra.

I have my own compressors and booster so I do my own tank maintenance and avoid dive shop nonsense.

If you think that 53 is a rip I have a quote of $150 for the cleaning/vip of a set of doubles. The $40 nitrox fill is extra.
Oh man... it would cost me $52 for that

1 AL6
2 AL40
4 AL80
2 double HP100
2 double HP130
1 double LP95

As per the recent question about VI ... I do my own VI/O2 cleaning. Locally its $49 per tank ... so at 17 tanks @ $49 = just under $900 (with taxes) minus the fills (and driving/fuel), so $12-105 on top of that for fills (PER tank). PER YEAR.

That doesn't take into account if I just drop off an assembled set of doubles, shops charge another $40-60 for the 'hassle' of doubles, and usually get the crossbar wrong .... (even the local 'Tech' diving service guys)

Same goes for Hydro ... shops charge upwards of $80 for Hydro/VI/O2 .... which at the hydro testers is just over $10 per tank.

If you only have 1 or 2 tanks, it really isn't worth doing the VI course, especially if you have aluminum tanks (VI+ machine isn't free). But if you have a small fleet of tanks, then weigh out your options and expenses.

Same goes for regs. Locally here, it's ~$80 per stage (i.e. a first OR a second, dependent on parts). When you have a few of each, that adds up. A service course, and tools is usually the cost of a 3-4 reg sets. I can knock out a set while deciding on what to cook for dinner after work....

_R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom