1 BCD 2 divers: Is it okay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I have rarely seen a thread on SB where the vast majority of posters are in agreement regarding an ill-advised diving practice. That alone speaks volumes as to the advisability of doing it.

Bill

Calling idiocy "idiocy" is not flaming. There are actions which are so egregiously stupid and irresponsible that to not call them out as such is itself to share in that irresponsibility.

But what's really funny is that the people you are calling out for flaming your egregiously irresponsible suggestion are stating that they can't believe anyone would be that stupid. Do you really want to assure us that they are wrong?
Personally I DID however call him a <flame> (it was edited by the mods) but I truely believe he is what I called him and that he need to be told in the least blunt possible way to get a grip and not endangering other people and on top of it think that "liability is not a concern".
He is knowingly advocating breaking standards that even when they are FOLLOWED have risks and potential for serious bodily harm with the ensuing liability and it is, infact idiocy to do so and even more so posting it on an internet forum leaving evidence that you do it despite knowing better.

This is a flame free zone. Your personal attacks are unappreciated.

Please show respect and courtesy at all times.

Devon, you're a moderator. You should know better.

Rather than showing me the way or suggesting to expand my training, or linking me to suggested courses I should take, so far this has happened instead:

1.) Personal attacks
2.) Attacks on credibility
3.) Disobeyance of board rules by administrative faculty

Not true. You've been given some very good advice by no fewer than a half-dozen very experienced instructors ... and in each case you blew it off as though it were inconsequential.

You'll do what you decide to do, and no advice by anyone is going to prevent it.

I've not attacked you, or called you names ... nor have the majority of the instructors who have tried talking some sense into you. As for the board rules ... you agreed to abide by them when you joined the board. Whatever you feel your qualifications are for doing dumb and dangerous things, you still have a responsibility to post according to the terms you agreed to.

Diving ... like posting in this forum ... involves a nominal amount of personal responsibility. I don't see any evidence that you understand what that term means ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not true. You've been given some very good advice by no fewer than a half-dozen very experienced instructors ... and in each case you blew it off as though it were inconsequential.

You'll do what you decide to do, and no advice by anyone is going to prevent it.

I've not attacked you, or called you names ... nor have the majority of the instructors who have tried talking some sense into you. As for the board rules ... you agreed to abide by them when you joined the board. Whatever you feel your qualifications are for doing dumb and dangerous things, you still have a responsibility to post according to the terms you agreed to.

Diving ... like posting in this forum ... involves a nominal amount of personal responsibility. I don't see any evidence that you understand what that term means ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thank you Bob, I appreciate the constructive rather than destructive criticism. I may just choose to heed your very advise, purely because you were a pretty nice guy about it.

Devon's stalking and namecalling? Very unprofessional.

Thank you Bob, I appreciate the constructive rather than destructive criticism. I may just choose to heed your very advise, purely because you were a pretty nice guy about it.

Devons actions are based off his overwhelming desire to keep you from killing someone with your ignorance. nothing more. If that means refering to you in a colorful manner, then he will do it so that nobody in their right mind would follow you off the cliff you seem to be determined to jump from.

Sometimes it's helpful to take a conversation offline. If you'd like to discuss this further ... in a completely non-judgmental manner ... feel free to PM me.

Knowledge is power. I won't even try talking you out of it ... I'll just try explaining why I don't think it's a good idea ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

And on that note, I am closing this thread to further comment. A sufficient number of very experienced instructors have commented and the original decision to let the thread stand for educational purposes has been met. A few posts have been moderated by me where there was direct name calling or off-topic discussion. I think the rest of the content is perfectly appropriate given the subject under discussion is behaviour that few if any certifying agencies condone.

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The OP, Cloudbuster, sent me a PM, noting that since the thread was closed, s/he was unable to comment and asked that I place this message at the end of the thread from them. Here it is:

[h=2]Hi im the Original poster for 1 bcd 2 diver[/h] I just checked today on the topic since I believe it was lock the 1st two days I posted it.
Now is close I wanted to thanks everyone for their good advice regarding not even trying it.
I will take my significant other to do a discover scuba course.
Im happy you guys open my eyes even more about how serious/dangerous scuba diving is.
And for all of you guys who just finish Open Water reading this, asking yourself the same. Please dont try it take your friend/family to a skilled professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom