1st fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akies

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hye , actually been trying to buy a pair of my own fins but with the abundance of choices its very hard which im sure you all are well aware of.

What im looking for ?
A good pair that is great for both skin and scuba diving and can last me at least a few years. I prefer the full footed ones.

A. Cressi Reaction pro
B. Gull Super Mew

Im leaning more towards the reaction but the full rubber super mew is making me think twice.

Is there anything I should think more about that would help me make up my mind ?

Thanks in advance

Those are fine. Get the one that feels good on your foot.

You should also try a pair of Scubapro Seawing Nova full foot fins. I love mine. Most comfortable full foot I've ever used. (fastest as well) But they're a stiffer type of rubber. Great for power and fit, but a little harder to put on. If you turn them inside out and use the pull tab to pop them on, it requires about twice as much force. I can do my left no problem, but the right one I have to put on normally using two fingers as a shoe horn.

Some of my peers really like the Atomic Blade FF fins as well, and Mako Freedive fins.

Last edited:
Thanks . yeah i do love the look of the nova . But a bit out of my budget .

Full foot and size of Reactions, I'd say consider Mako freediving fins. I expect Dano will ship to KL. If you do, pay a little more for the replaceable blade model: it's more luggage-friendly.

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-mrsfqp/mares-avanti-quattro-power-full-foot-long-blade-fins

These may be out of your price range but hands down these are the best fins I have ever owned and I have owned several sets. They are longer than your typical scuba fins but not quite as long as free diving fins. The only time I don't dive these fins are when I go to Bonaire and use my open heel fins with a bootie (shore diving). Had my pair for several years and they have held up great.

A. Cressi Reaction pro
1428997805-13809800.jpg

B. Gull Super Mew

30309056-r1.jpg

If I were you, there would be no contest between these two fin models. I'm a traditionalist who started in the 1960s and never saw the point of changing to plastic when it came to fins. For me, therefore, the Cressis are just another overengineered modern design, while the Full Foot Super Mews represent simple classical elegance and hence would be my choice.

However, I am not you, and fins are very personal items of equipment. See first which of the two fits you better and try to borrow a pair of each model to see how they perform for you in the water. Only then can you decide.

Last edited:
Thanks a million everyone . Seriously means a lot .

I know that it was not much of a comparison. My thought was , if it was possible for me to have settled with the cressi meaning is sufficient enough or the gull is worth paying an a few extra hundreds .

Ps/ i got my heart set on the gull already

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom