2 sizes of LP ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockycmt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Mares MR 22 first stage. (bought 2000) I have a primary and Octo utilizing 2 LP ports. I wanted to swap them so the Primary is utilizing the port closer to my body. I took off the hoses and I noticed the Primry port is a bit larger. So I can not sway them straight away. Is this standard? Do I need to get new hoses if I want to achieve this? I will be going to the shop in the next few weeks to verify. But wanted to try to get ahead of it here.

Or are you saying you just want to swap the two hoses with each other - and the primary hose is already in a port that is larger?

You are describing a 1/2" LP port. It was a fad amongst mfg's for a while.
If so, there is an adapter that will convert a 3/8" to 1/2''. I don't know of an adapter that will go the other way around.

You are describing a 1/2" LP port. It was a fad amongst mfg's for a while.
If so, there is an adapter that will convert a 3/8" to 1/2''. I don't know of an adapter that will go the other way around.
This is correct. I had this with my older apeks. The primary was a 1/2" hose connection. I am pretty sure there is an adapter. If you don't want to use an adapter reach out to DGX and see if they have any 1/2"LP hoses for you

The things you learn. None of my regs have ever had a 1/2" LP port, good to know.

1. Do not buy a new hose(1/2") hose because of its rarity. Very difficult to find a replacement in most places.
2. Get a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter.
The last one on the list.
Yes, for his mr22 that will work.
Just in case somebody is looking at this later, that adapter will not work with an older apeks DST with a 5th port upgrade. You have to buy the omniswivel version for twice the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom