2 Steel High Pressure 130 tanks for sale $200 each OBO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dagrath

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
They are the XSScuba / Worthington Steel tanks:
XS Scuba Worthington Steel Scuba Cylinders The X8-130 to be precise.
130 CF @ 3442 PSI
When full, each is -11.7 pounds buoyancy, -2 pounds empty.
Empty weight is 43 pounds each. 8 inch diameter, 25.5 inches tall (Fatter and roughly the same height as a standard Aluminum 80)
They are currently set up as DIN, but I have the plugs to convert to yoke.

i-R3b2Sxn-XL.jpg
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-R3b2Sxn/0/XL/i-R3b2Sxn-XL.jpg

I purchased the two tanks in September 2008. They were last visually inspected in June of 2010. So it will need a current vis, and will be due for hydro after May 2013 (according to the stamp on the tanks).
I would estimate they have only had about 10-20 dives max. Probably on the low side unfortunately. :(

The sob story: Bought them in the height of my scuba mania. Regular dive buddy moved away a few months later, I very rarely dive locally now. They are the hardest thing to bring with me on the plane. I loved the tanks, they let me have awesomely long dives. For the shallow shore dives, it was so much better to stay down almost double the time of a rental 80. For a standard 80 aluminum you get 66.7 CF of breathable air (when you take out the reserve you should finish with). With the HP130s, you get 111.1 CF of breathable air. That is a HUGE different in terms of the length of your dive. Good stuff.

These retail over $400 each on the discount sites, not including any required shipping. They are (lightly) used, and require some inspections so I think $200 sounds like a pretty fair price.

I am in Sunnyvale. Could probably be talked into meeting halfway if you ask nicely. :)

If I left out anything crucial, just ask!

Aye ca-rumba!!!!! Why do these things always show up on the wrong coast? :banghead:

Aye ca-rumba!!!!! Why do these things always show up on the wrong coast? :banghead:

Man I was about to post I'LL BUY THEM based on the thread title, then saw that they had been sold and did not see the location until I read your post. A good deal closes the mind to anything but what it wants to see :D

Back
Top Bottom