2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I have not been working out as I was on vacation. I am utterly exhausted tonight and so I will wait until tomorrow to hit the gym again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tuesday 6/30 AM: I was exhausted yesterday and ended up falling asleep on the couch at about 8:00 p.m. This morning I was still very tired but managed to drag myself down to the gym. Did the elliptical for 38 minutes, 2.94 miles and approximately 460 calories. Heart rate monitor was 'acting up' because I had forgotten to wet the strap before putting it on but it began registering about 5 minutes into the workout. ARH 137.

I initially wanted to do a 5 or 10k row tonight, but my GoPro Bike/Helmet Cam showed up at the door today, so of course, that became the priority!

After I toyed with it for a bit, I took it out for a test video and did a 3.5 mile once-around of the neighborhood.

[vimeo]5401968[/vimeo]

That's really cool WB! I have seen those used by other people as well and think they are a great idea. Mark and I have been toying around with getting something similar for all the things we do too - haven't done it yet though!

Wednesday 7/1 AM - Late night last night. Mark took me flying to celebrate my birthday and then we had dinner together. By the time I got into bed, it was nearing 11:00 p.m. so 6:30 a.m. came wayyyy too quickly. Ended up getting to the gym at 7:00 and doing the elliptical for 33 minutes, 2.54 miles and just under 400 calories. Tonight I need to do some resistance training as our trip to LV made my weight jump up a bit. :(

Way to keep at it!!

Tonight’s skills practice at the Cincinnati Weightlifting Club continued to work on the Snatch. My shoulders were tight after some of the ring pushups and pullups that I squeezed in yesterday, but they eventually loosened up.

I am one session ahead of Penny, so while she focused more on stuff I did last session, I spent most of the time on overhead squats and hang/shrug snatches. A couple of things I was working on: keeping my feet from going too wide when I “jumped” into the Snatch squat; keeping the pull/shrug flat up my chest then “snapping” my wrist and pulling myself under the bar.

Gotta keep working the timing and balance, all the while, keeping my shoulder blades pulled back and stretching the bar lengthwise.

In a hurry this morning as I am running late for court...

Thursday 7/2 AM - Elliptical (35 minutes), 2.72 miles and approximately 425 calories. ARH 139.

Put it off long enough…. finally did 10k Row… 48min 53sec…2:26/500m Average

Got stronger as I went, but had to use lots of positive self-talk, especially after the 5k mark!!!

Split Times per 2000m (time, distance, ave per 500m, strokes per minute)

10:45, 2k, 2:41, 26
9:58, 4k, 2:29, 28
9:41, 6k, 2:25, 29
9:26, 8k, 2:22, 30
9:03, 10k, 2:15, 30

Now that I’ve satisfied my morbid curiosity about what that would feel like, I need a cool dark hole to crawl into now!!

Put it off long enough…. finally did 10k Row…

That's really awesome WB416. I hope that you have gotten some rest.

Thursday 7/2 PM - Wild day at court and at work today. Needed to blow off some steam so I did the Wii Sports Active program. Resistance training for 20 minutes which included squats, squats with toe raises, bicep curls, kickbacks, jumps, run, etc. Followed it up with 15 minutes of basketball passes. Total calories (per the program) 265.0. Fun times.

Friday 7/3 PM - Just home from the gym. Managed to do 65 minutes on the elliptical, going 5.05 miles and just over 780 calories. Sweet, but I am B-E-A-T!

Friday, I took the new helmet/bike cam on an easy 16 mile bike ride and set the cam to take pics every 5 seconds. Took the 800+ pics and created a 13 minute video with text narrative.

It was a nice way to relax my legs after the 10k row on Thursday.

[vimeo]5445704[/vimeo]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom