2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am taking the day off as well. I have a huge hearing tomorrow and woke up feeling pretty 'blah' and still sore so I thought it wiser to not push it. Plan on hitting the gym in the morning, however, to get pumped for court in the afternoon! Swwwweeettttt!

Sounds like your workouts are going really well WB! And you are making Penny work! Sheesh! :)

I got my 1st compliment today. My coworker said that I was looking stronger and more fit and like my posture was improving. I really blushed as I am not very good at taking compliments, but it is so nice to get some good feedback!

Feedback is good! The positive that Penny has been getting recently has really been a boost for her as well.

I've declared today an absolute rest day... might row/bike if I get too tight... but only if its purely recreational.

I've declared today an absolute rest day... might row/bike if I get too tight... but only if its purely recreational.

Nice. I did that yesterday and it felt good. I was really tempted to go for a walk, but ended up having to work at home for my hearing this afternoon, so I stayed home. Back to it this morning though!

Wednesday 7/8 AM - Elliptical (38 minutes) - 2.94 miles and just over 450 calories.

Sweet! I just finished some pilates. Would have preferred some Mexican food though!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Thursday 7/9/09 AM - Elliptical (46 minutes + additional 10 minutes walking in a lower heart rate). 3.65 miles and approximately 565 calories. ARH 133, including 10 minute walking.

Again I had a hard time getting my heart rate up, but managed after about 4 minutes. That being said, I normally do a 13 minute mile on the elliptical, and today was averaging 12:40 mile, so while only 20 seconds shave off the mile time, I was pretty stoked. :)

Tonight's exercise was lifting cervezas and enchiladas while listening to a mariachi band! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

as RXd? :crafty:

Lifting tonight at the weightlifting club, I realized that lifting explosively for about 90 minutes is just plain hard work!! It’s very different from the met-con intensity of lifting to muscular failure, or rowing for “all it’s worth” that is taxing aerobically and anaerobically. However, it takes a great deal of effort… for sure!

Tonight’s Skills:
Overhead Squats
65# x 8 x 5 (Bob)
45# x 8 x 5ish (Penny) (reached failure on the final set)
My previous Overhead Squat PR was 45#, but mainly due to poor form. Developing more upright posture definitely helping here.

Hang Snatch “Shrugs” (explosively)
135# x 5 x 3 (Bob)
85# x 5 x 3 (Penny)
Lifted from boxes. Started 3 high first, then removed one box. This allowed transition from “squeeze” position, then just above the knees begin the explosive movement upward. Keeping arms relatively stiff, and pausing a bit at the top to get the feel for the position and the bar momentum.

Front Squats
135# x 5 x 1, 75# x 5 x 2 (Bob)
65# x 5 x 1, 55# x 5 x 2 (Penny)
Focused on upright back posture. Used bar only with no hands to force upright… but I didn’t fare so well.

Romanian Deadlifts
75# x 5 x 4
55# x 5 x 4
Worked on hamstring stretch, good back arch, and “booty pop”…. I was pretty tired and had a hard time maintain good core position during the final movements.

Holy Moly. I just did 20 minutes of resistance stuff and then read your workout and I am B-E-A-T!

Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom