2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You rock!
I've taken it easy the past few days in anticipation of tomorrows mud run 5K. Hermit Crab and I are doing it together. Should be a blast!

WOW! What fun! Hermit Crab and I finished the mud run! This was my first run in my VFFs. The previous 5K was in my NB minimus, essentially a barefoot sneaker where I worked on form not time. This race I was not worried about time but instead finishing and having a good time. Mission accomplished!
They set us off in heats of about 50 people as the trail was very narrow. It was also rocky and very uneven. I was glad there was some grass on the side and I could pick and choose where to run. We intended to stay with our friends, but they are quicker than us and finished 10 earlier. Hermit Crab is not as fit as I for running and I promised myself to stay with her and let her set the pace. We did a lot of walking :). First obstacle was at mile 1. Climb over. Easy. Other obstacles were the crawl through tubes, under net on grass, over a wall about chest high, under net in the mud, climb the slippery slope and finally the mud pit which we needed to craw through on our bellies. Guaranteed mud bath! Fun.
Cleaning up after the race proved to be a challenge. There were water trucks brought in to supply multiple hoses. But with 4000 runners, water was scarce. And even when we finally did get hoses, a 10 min wash off only got most of the mud off! LOL
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! Fun Fun Fun!
There were a lot of runners in VFFs, but probably still under 1%. I was happy that my feet are strong enough to handle a 5K, and the pace was slow enough that I really didn't have to push myself. Hermit Crab is a much faster runner than I and if she ever gets to running will kick my butt! Good for her!

Oh, since this race is sponsored by Merrell, I got to try on a pair of Trail Gloves. SWEET! I think I like them better than my NB. Fingers crossed that I get to win a pair! :)

Way to go, Jenny and Hermit Crab! That sounds like a lot of fun. I never heard of those kinds of races before.
I was going to swim extra laps today because last night Jeff and I went to a fancy-smancy wine/dinner function (you know the kind.....6 courses, with a different kind of wine to go with each calorie-laden course). I got a call as I was getting ready to go to the pool with an offer to meet at Duffy's for wings and brew. Guess which one I decided on? LOL. Tomorrow is another day (said in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice).

Awwwhh thanks.. Let's see if I can link a photo from FB here...
HC and I just after we crossed the finish line.
223069_10150222260569462_521849461_8317512_4888563_n.jpg

Got our faces washed off... a little... :)
223107_10150222260809462_521849461_8317515_1030820_n.jpg

Note the mud in the teeth! LOL
I have no idea what's in my hands, probably gobs of mud.
228081_10150222261124462_521849461_8317522_1020036_n.jpg

Join us next year!!!

Izzy, so awesome seeing you here!!! You inspire me!
Yeah, one of these days I will get those kettlebells! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom