25 x 2 DIN valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The good news from this end is that your collective wisdom and a text message to a colleague who knows ALL this stuff (but who is working offshore in Qatar and is sometimes unreachable) set me on the correct knowledge path. I was able to find (the only) six 15 litre Nitrox-compatible tanks with DIN valves available on the island, so my customers were able to use those for their dives--we filled them at night. Our DIN valves are indeed the "standard" ones since there is no regulation stipulating valve size here in Thailand. My customers (an instructor + tech/wreck diver and his new bride) had a fantastic time diving with us here and are happy. Since the whole objective of my question here was to provide satisfaction to my customers, we are all winners in this thread.

Many, many thanks to all of you.

I don't know if you guys clicked on the link I posted, but this is (in part) what it says:

232 bar DIN (5-thread, metric M 25×2)

Seems pretty straightforward to me
Unfortunately, Wikipedia is wrong. It is G5/8, not M25x2 for the valve to first stage connection. M25x2 is the tank to valve connection.

The good news from this end is that your collective wisdom and a text message to a colleague who knows ALL this stuff (but who is working offshore in Qatar and is sometimes unreachable) set me on the correct knowledge path. I was able to find (the only) six 15 litre Nitrox-compatible tanks with DIN valves available on the island, so my customers were able to use those for their dives--we filled them at night. Our DIN valves are indeed the "standard" ones since there is no regulation stipulating valve size here in Thailand. My customers (an instructor + tech/wreck diver and his new bride) had a fantastic time diving with us here and are happy. Since the whole objective of my question here was to provide satisfaction to my customers, we are all winners in this thread.

Many, many thanks to all of you.

M25x2 is the neck of the tank (European), normal 200 (232) Bar DIN G5/8" 5 thread. 300 bar 7 thread.
I just bought 2 pcs of 300 bar 15 liter cylinder with TAG valve and both Thailand and foreign shops seem to confuse all the figures.

"Since the whole objective of my question here was to provide satisfaction to my customers, we are all winners in this thread." where is your shop?

Thanks, I'll keep your shop in mind! With that attitude I'll definitely dive with you (do you have a 15 l tank with M26x2 for me? hahahahaha just joking)

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to try to provide a definitive answer in case someone searches on this topic again...

I believe this is what Quero's customers were talking about:

Scubaduikshop.nl, voor al uw duikmaterialen!

popup_image.php

It's an EU Nitrox DIN fitting designed (under CE spec) to prevent non-Nitrox regs being used on Nitrox tank valves

Not the tank neck thread

M25x2 is what the rest of the world knows as a 'standard' DIN fitting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom