288 lake, formerly the reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....and will be diving dry again at 288 Lake this weekend!

thinking the weather may postpone a trip this weekend. looking to go next w/e probably using 3mil full w/ henderson 3mil hood. just have the urge to go down or as my wife may say "make the clown happy",btw will also bring a small bbq pit for my s/i. already have a divebuddy (my wife)but always looking for more dive friends. any takers?

yeah, this weekend is gonna be too cold for me and my buddy (gf). maybe next weekend, if it warms up a bit. I'll get back to you if does.

I think the visibility in Mammoth and Lake 288 were about the same last year.

There is an enormous number of objects in Mammoth worth diving. They have a bubbling system installed to help clear up the water. It is really convenient having the dive shop on the premisis.

Hopefully Lake 288 will install a compressor this year. I would also like to see them put in platforms like Blue Lagoon rather than the plastic netting.

It is a good thing that Twin Lakes was accidentally drained. I got sick immediately after diving there. When I started asking questions, I found out that the EPA had been out there.

Funny...Beast and I have been diving TL since before it was officially opened, over 300 dives last count, and have never gotten sick or had any type pf reaction from the water. Yes, the EPA has been out there several times. The first time was at the request of the owner to check water quality after someone complained. Each time after that was to keep check on the water quality on a regular basis. It passed every test.

Funny...Beast and I have been diving TL since before it was officially opened, over 300 dives last count, and have never gotten sick or had any type pf reaction from the water. Yes, the EPA has been out there several times. The first time was at the request of the owner to check water quality after someone complained. Each time after that was to keep check on the water quality on a regular basis. It passed every test.
:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry 1TexasDiver, I have some ZZ Top tix that just fell in my lap...

Next weekend is Nationals weekend at Baytown, so I guess I'm gonna try the weekend after that. Was anyone else able to go this weekend?

Had a few people show up this week-end. vis was 20+ along the southern shore(away from the o/w classes)temp was 66 on top,62 below the thermocline at 11'.Mary went down with a full 7mil and was comfy, I had a 3mil with a hood and damn that water was cold for the first couple minutes. once I got down and started swimming around all was ok.We have a photo class sched. for the w/e of 4/4- 4/5 not sure if going to 288 or B/L but we will be diving that w/e

ps.
vam302,hope you enjoyed ZZ.I know they used to put on a good show

Back
Top Bottom