360° Video of Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice.

Subscribed to watch later---this browser uses flash, html5 is needed for 360 view.

What camera system? Tripod mounted? (edit: never mind, panned down and saw tripod. :wink: )

What editor are you using? I'm just starting to tinker with 360 view and haven't checked whether the 360 view meta data will survive editing in Vegas.

Edit: switched browser and watched...even nicer in 360 view. I assume those are your bubbles off in the distance?

Last edited:
Nice.

Subscribed to watch later---this browser uses flash, html5 is needed for 360 view.

What camera system? Tripod mounted? (edit: never mind, panned down and saw tripod. :wink: )

What editor are you using? I'm just starting to tinker with 360 view and haven't checked whether the 360 view meta data will survive editing in Vegas.

Edit: switched browser and watched...even nicer in 360 view. I assume those are your bubbles off in the distance?

Yeah the bubbles were mine. I am using the Autopano Video/Giga suite from Kolor. It is pretty simple to get the hang of after a tutorial or two, and once you figure out your stitch template for your camera system.

I am using a 360Heros H6 mount with Inon UFL-G140 lenses on GoPro Hero 4 silvers.

I did a sample edit today and discovered that, as I feared, Sony Vegas does not preserve the 360 View meta data. Fortunately, Google/YouTube has a utility called 360VideoMetadataTool that will add the appropriate information. I ran it on my test video and it worked fine.

It's available here:

Upload 360 degree videos - YouTube Help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom