47-52F water undergarment upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skl007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

The DUI undergarments that came with my suit are starting to get packed out, so it's time for an upgrade. I wear merino 280g tops and bottoms and I was colder than my original setup with Waterproof 3D Meshtec undergarments. Now I'm thinking if it's just a better move to get Halo AR undergarments, or to pair the 3D Meshtec with something like a Venture heated vest. Any recommendations for how I should move forward?

Hi Everyone,

The DUI undergarments that came with my suit are starting to get packed out, so it's time for an upgrade. I wear merino 280g tops and bottoms and I was colder than my original setup with Waterproof 3D Meshtec undergarments. Now I'm thinking if it's just a better move to get Halo AR undergarments, or to pair the 3D Meshtec with something like a Venture heated vest. Any recommendations for how I should move forward?
What duration?

My dives are usually an hour long.
Depending where in PNW you are and whether they have stock on hand, 8diving shows SANTI BZ400X. I have found mine to be quite comfortable in those ranges, with a moisture-wicking under layer (Patagonia or REI midweight). There's also a (more expensive) heated version of it. That is, if you'd like to try it on.

If 8diving doesn't have it, looks like Paragon Dive does (online) (and the Halo AºR)

There is no need to add heat if you're diving for 1 hour; that'd be my last resort. Your dry suit undies are the first line of defense. What if you add a thicker base layer?

There is no need to add heat if you're diving for 1 hour; that'd be my last resort. Your dry suit undies are the first line of defense. What if you add a thicker base layer?
What would you recommend in terms of thicker base layers? Just layer in another set of merino wool?

I generally agree that passive heat is the way to go, but the dive charter I use often has us suited up while we motor for 45 minutes or so to the dive site. I can see a heated vest being a good way to prevent overheating while on the boat but still be warm enough underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom