5D Mark IV VS A7RIV Autofocus Speed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know there are many differences between the 5D Mark IV and the A7R IV. I think most would say the A7R IV is in another class in terms of performance. However, according to the website imaging-resource the 5Dmark IV is considerbly faster at autofocus than the A7RIV. I was very suprised and a little suspicious...does anyone have experience with either of these cameras and can verify that the 5DIV autofocus is lightning fast?

Made this Chart Comparing both:
Capture.JPG

Here's where I fouind the stats for autofocus on both cameras:

5DmIV Stats:
Canon 5D Mark IV Review - Performance
A7R IV:
Sony A7R IV Review - Performance

Well the two cameras were tested with different lenses, the Canon with an f 1.8 lens and the Sony with an f2.8 lens so some of the difference is due to that. But in general in my hands, the 5dIV is indeed incredibly fast autofocus.
Not surprising
Bill

Well the two cameras were tested with different lenses, the Canon with an f 1.8 lens and the Sony with an f2.8 lens so some of the difference is due to that. But in general in my hands, the 5dIV is indeed incredibly fast autofocus.
Not surprising
Bill

Thanks Bill, apprecaite it! Do you usually shoot with single point autofocus?

Back
Top Bottom