80'S AL Tank Inspections - Eddy Current?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA_Aquamaster and others - Kudos for hanging out and writing out the specs.

drywaterdiv - Like others have said your interpertation of the current and new regs are so far from correct it is not even funny. Enough said.

I have an old luxfer 50 due for hydro next month and the local welding supply company will do the hydro but is not going to offer the eddy test. They do so few aluminum cylinders it is not worth it for them. They recommend the test be done by Fill-Tech in Chicago 1-630-844-8800. Fill-tech will do the hydro, eddy, and visual for $45. The only issue I now have is $20 shipping each way plus the $45 test fee and I now got $85 into an old cylinder a dive shop may not fill.

This is actually a problem for quite a few hydro places. Mine is sending them over to the other facility for the hydro/eddy current as they are still deciding on whether they want to invest in the testing equipment and training.

If a local dive shop had an eddy current test I would encourage some sort of working relationship between the two - however only the hydro facility will be able to stamp the cylinder - a sticker for the eddy current test is not valid for DOT purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom