A 300 Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fred Henry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So after 3 yrs. the battery in my A300 needs to be changed. The computer is in the xt console. Figured it would be easier to pull the computer from the console. IMPOSSIBLE to get it out of the console. I have peeled back the boot to about 50% exposure but that computer is not budging. There is something else holding that computer in. Any thoughts or helpful hints?

Next tried to change the battery in the boot. I can get the holding ring off no problem. Now that plastic cover -- no way to get it off without destroying it. It is locked in there really tight. I'm sure it raps around the "O" ring so they are not budging. This is the original battery.

Right now the computer is useless to me. Really frustrating computer (besides other issue I have with it). Can't get it out of the boot, can't change the battery.

Anyone out there have a helpful thought?

Hope all is well,

Try soaking the boot in hot water. Might soften it.

Or use a screwdriver to help pry it out

guruboy, Thanks for the reply. Already went the hot water route and pried on that puck and boot until I thought something was going to break. With half the boot pried back I still can't get that unit out. Everything points to the fact that something else is securing that puck to the boot. I'm at a lose.

Any words on changing the battery. If I could get the plastic cover off I can change the battery. However, it too is not budging.

Thanks again and have a great day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom