A beginner's guide to sifting through the nonsense

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would vote 5 yellow star on this one. It makes alot of sense.

Well Diver0001, it seems obvious that you are having serious gear issues and should be denounced as a troll.

All sarcasm aside, I agree that I do tend to find a bit of piling on happening. I do scroll rather quickly when I see that the responses are all the same. In fact, I don't even bother to respond when a question seems to have been answered well...mostly.

Now go get that BP/Wing, long hose, non pony bottle setup and be happy.

Excellent advice R..

I hope people take note.

Very interesting, but I'm not that bright, so I kept it even simpler.

I found posts from people with more experience then me who were in my area, then dived with them.

Yes, I actually watched them dive before I judged their advice. The diving skill tells everything. Then, when I saw how superior their skills were to mine, and to most of the other divers I'd seen, I started listening to them.

Hello.

I made gear changes and training changes and technique changes.

So, I saw people I wanted to dive like, and then listened to them when they posted.

Duh.

Ah, Rob, good to see you back in form, contributing quality to Scubaboard.

For anybody new who hasn't read a lot of Diver0001 contributions, do an archive search. This is the kind of thing he writes.

Rick, there's great wisdom in your post, too.

Daniel, surprised it's me saying these things?

Lynne, I know why you say the things that you do, and if I were in your fins I'd say the same. There will come a time, though, when you will cease to be a student and you will become a diver.

You have been incredibly lucky to live where you do and dive with, and learn from, great instructors. But, you have yet to dive with great divers... and... when... you... do... you will find that instruction and equipment choices are secondary to the challenge and true excitement of making your way through a "real" dive that no instructor or buddy of yours has made. After such, then you can be the one telling the bold story...

Well said and very amusing as well as insightful. Thanks.

Oh, oh, those one star voters are after the thread. How dare you not respect their opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom