A wreck diver's dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that is cool. :)

Should be an amazing dive. If anyone is interested in doing an expedition then let me know.

A lot of Canadian Wrecks off limits?

Nope, just historically significant ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, just historically significant ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reading the article I would say this wreck is of huge historical significance, plus there seems to be a long term plan to conduct archaeology on the wreck so I doubt they are going to be pleased if a whole heap of dive boats turn up wanting to dive the site.

Although looking at the condition of the wreck it would be an amazing dive, it makes the SS Yongala and SS president Coolidge look modern. I bet there are not many sites in the world where you can dive a wreck as old and intact?.

Maybe they will even consider raising the wreck and preserving it?.

There is a really good book called The Terror which is a fictitious version of the Franklin expedition. It kinda gets a little out there towards the end but the account of these two ships up to that point was very engaging, well worth a read

Wrecks in the Great Lakes are of similar intactness, but I believe the Franklin Expedition used warships. Other wrecks Canada termed off limits is the Fitzgerald, Hamilton and Scourge, along with permit diving of the Gunilda.

Wrecks in the Great Lakes are of similar intactness, but I believe the Franklin Expedition used warships. Other wrecks Canada termed off limits is the Fitzgerald, Hamilton and Scourge, along with permit diving of the Gunilda.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom