A300cs Dive time on main screen on dive mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any release notes to describe the changes? Is the EDT on the main screen now?

I think there were some release notes that popped up when installing the update. Yes, EDT is on the main dive screen. It's only a small change but very handy. Other things include air time remaining being renamed gas time remaining, and some other fairly trivial things.

The battery indicator now only appears when battery is low. I wonder if that coincides with fixing the issue where the battery is never detected as low, it just suddenly dies.

how do you set this. I have the update done but i dont see this in the Diverlog app or in the setup on the screen

Nevermind, i get it. its not a setting that we choose. it is now the default screen

Last edited:
how do you set this. I have the update done but i dont see this in the Diverlog app or in the setup on the screen
Do you mean the EDT on the main screen? It doesn't appear until you begin your dive (along with NDC and other things).

This firmware update does bring the A300 CS up to the current revision of the Oceanic VTX. It is not literally the same - as in, the VTX firmware is not loaded onto the A300 CS - they remain separate packages, but are now operationally on par. Release details follow:

FIRMWARE UPDATE RELEASE DETAILS

A300 CS

DIVE COMPUTER

to version 2A

(from any previous version)

EXPLANATION

Based on user feedback, AERIS has modified and improved the following functions associated with operations of the A300 CS:

· The use of ATR (Air Time Remaining) has been replaced with the term GTR (gas time remaining). The ATR and GTR features work the same and differ in name only.
· The BATT (Battery) status icon will no longer display green (good condition) on the main screen. Only battery Low Warning and Alarm levels will now display on the main screen.
· For convenience EDT (Elapsed Dive Time) has been moved from the Norm Dive Alt screen to the Norm Dive Main Screen.
· The FO2 Default 50% feature has been removed from the A300 CS. Previously, it was found in the Set Gas Menu.
· The Safety Stop Run Timer option has been removed from the safety stop function of the Norm Dive Mode. The standard Safety Stop functionality remains.
· While in Gauge or Free Mode the Run Timer and EDT (Elapsed Dive Time) will now display simultaneously on the Dive Main screen. This eliminates the need for a button press to toggle between the two.
· To improve visibility, some colors have been changed on various operational screens.

UPDATE PROCESS

You can update your A300 CS firmware (operating software) to newly released revision 2A using the Check for new Firmware Update feature of the current version of the ACI (AERIS Computer Interface) program for PC, or follow the How to Update Firmware to a Dive Computer instructions in the DiverLog for MAC App. There is no need to return the unit to AERIS.

ACI for PC is available on the www.DiveAERIS.com web site.

DiverLog for MAC is available at the Mac App Store.

Should you have any questions, please contact your Authorized AERIS Dealer, or AERIS Customer Service by calling 510-346-0010 (8AM -5PM, PST Monday - Friday) or send an email to support@DiveAERIS.com.

Just updated the firmware via a Windows 8 PC. A couple of things I noted. The DC has trouble enumerating on USB 3 (xHCI) ports, and once it did, the software was unable to query the DC for information and would often crash. Moving the DC to an EHCI (USB 2) port did the trick. It looks like the driver virtualizes a COM port. My guess is that the data transfers are really inefficient as a result. Having to disable driver signing checks is bad. Just bad. Your software folks should consider using WinUSB.sys, a Microsoft provided driver with an API provided via a DLL. It would help.

Thanks Doug for keeping us in the loop and for making this happen. This is a significant improvement, and i speak for myself, but I'm sure others as well appreciate your folks upgrading this even though it is now discontinued.

Looking forward to the weekend for some updating!

Hi all, Connected the DC to ACI 2.40, worked well. ACI read the DC. when pressing the check for update firmware button i get the following error message: Run-time error'91: Object variable or with block variable not set. So no luck. No new firmware to download.

Downloaded the Diverlog software for MAC. Get the message that need to update USB driver.. but the Pelagic software website seems to be filled with just advertisement and no MAC USB driver to be found...
So no luck with MAC either..

Any other alternatives worth trying?

Update 1:
Tried to update first DC to 2A again, went like a dream! Wonder if the Webserver of Aeris was down in the weekend...
Tried to update DC nr 2 and 3. No luck when trying to read settings from DC. But by changing the USB Port connecting the DC to the computer, and then change it back again(!!) to the first port i was able to update DC 2 and 3. Seems that the updating software may be sensible and needing to port reinitializing of some kind between different DC's

I updated it using the diverlog app and now it is stuck on the "Updating firmware wait for PC message" screen. Now the unit will not even turn on.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom