About the Datamask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suggestion: Since you spent $1500 on a peice of gear, than why don't you do like we do with the $6000 dive helmets and just put it in a Pelican box of approreate size. What's another $100 to protect your investment?

I was going to make a similar comment - Pelican makes some smallish cases that would protect it very well for well under $100 with pluckable foam that woudl allow a high degree of protection with little effort.

My dive computers all live in foam padded boxes, and the lack of getting banged around or exposed to temperature extremes does wonders to prevent issues.

Suggestion: Since you spent $1500 on a peice of gear, than why don't you do like we do with the $6000 dive helmets and just put it in a Pelican box of approreate size. What's another $100 to protect your investment?

A couple of reasons:

1- None the SL17's I used to use had anything as cool as the case this mask came in.
2- I got paid for each dive I made with those helmets; this mask is for fun dives, so it doesn't qualify as any of my work tools.

So thanks for your suggestion but no, after seeing their case, a pelican case wouldn't cut it. The Oceanic case allows for the thing to breath.

I was going to make a similar comment - Pelican makes some smallish cases that would protect it very well for well under $100 with pluckable foam that woudl allow a high degree of protection with little effort.

My dive computers all live in foam padded boxes, and the lack of getting banged around or exposed to temperature extremes does wonders to prevent issues.

Take a look at the case that comes with the mask.
The pelican case is bullet proof yes, but I don't need bullet-proof, my stuff doesn't get banged around and more importantly: I like that case.

If I have to invest any money on a case for the mask I doubt I can find something as effective. Probably be worth it to find a place to replace the metal zipper for a plastic one.

It is now one month and I am still waiting for the Mask to be returned from Oceanic. Look, its a great concept, but never again. It just is not made well, and Im waiting a long time not using something I paid good money for during Dive season. I also will sell the mask and but another brand computer - never again with Oceanic.

Jeez, I'm surprised you are having problems with them. Have your tried Doug directly? I find them to be an excellent compnay and have had stellar service from them.

YES! Got a message from Oceanic that they are updating the optical cover on the mask and will replace it. The repaired mask will be shipped as soon as they get the new part in.

I will hope that this solves the problem of the mask failing but I will certainly be going to small claims should this issue not solve the problem and the mask fails. Lets see

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom