Adding a backplate to my ranger LTD ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean326

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dive with a ranger LTD for my single 120s and have considered switching to BP&W setup for my doubles. (they are a little unstable on my ranger)

The Zeagle site recommends Bolting a BP to the Ranger BCD to improve stability when used with doubles.

I've seen lots of folks dive BP&W and lots of folks dive BCDs but never a BCD with a BP.

anyone done this?

I use to do this with the Zeagle tech harness, very similar to the ranger harness. I needed to remove the back lumbar pad. Once the tank bands were lined up I simply placed the bcd over the bolt posts and sandwiched the bc with the BP. It really provided alot of stability for dbl's and worked very well. Get rid of the dbl length tank bands you will not need them.

I tried it once with small doubles, and I didnt like it. The first chance I got, I bought a harness for the BP and a wing. I believe that a BP&W is the best way to dive doubles... Although I do know a few people who have the Ranger or the Tech and have had good luck diving with doubles... So, I guess try it out, and then see if you like it!!!

Back
Top Bottom