DIR- Generic ADV question - converting JJ-CCR to GUE JJ-CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm converting my factory set-up JJ-CCR into the GUE configuration.

I'm stuck on one thing - the ADV.

My ADV currently has two banjos - one with the shut-off valve.

IMG_2487.jpg

On the GUE instructions and on Graham Blackmore's YouTube video on setting up the GUE JJ-CCR, I can clearly see that the ADV has only one banjo with no shut-off valve (to connect to the LP hose running from the right post first stage).

So, I'm assuming I need to remove the shut-off valve from one banjo.

What do I do with the second banjo that won't be used? (and doesn't seem to be on the ADV in the GUE videos and guides).

The shut off valve can be removed (it is screwed on the upper banjo). I have removed mine and it was relatively easy.
You can remove the banjo with the valve from the T piece and try it “off board”, maybe with two wrenches.

I think the banjo thread is 3/8 male, so a cap for 1st stage LP should work.

There is an helicoil inside the T piece hole, please tighten the Banjo and the cap very gently.

Out of curiosity: is there no dil MAV in Gue configuration?

I think the banjo thread is 3/8 male, so a cap for 1st stage LP should work.
Actually O-Ring needs to be replaced by one from the banjo. Standard blind plug o-rings have slightly smaller thickness.
Your CCR1 instructor should assist you during converting stock JJ to GUE-JJ. Converting JJ based on random youtube videos is a quite bad idea.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom