Advances In Treating Jellyfish Envenomations.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocVikingo

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
img;p=11042209683615;as=0;a=11042209694526;crs=11042209694405;cr=11042209705752

Experimental Assays to Assess the Efficacy of Vinegar and Other Topical First-Aid Approaches on Cubozoan (Alatina alata) Tentacle Firing and Venom Toxicity

StingNoMore --> http://www.stingnomore.com/

Cheers,

DocVikingo

Two issues: shelf life of cream is one year and has to be stored at room temp or refrigerated. So it does not sound like something you can carry along in your dive bag at a tropical destination. Products like Hotshotz heat bags (Mako sells them for example) may be a more practical option.

The shelf life of the spray is more like four years and is heat stable, which I thought sounded great!

The shelf life of the spray is more like four years and is heat stable, which I thought sounded great!
That is true but the spray is only used to wash the site. This is a two step treatment: first the spray to rinse the site and neutralize remaining stingers, then the cream to treat the site and provide the pain relief. The spray without the cream is not an effective treatment.

OK thanks, I had not understood that.

Another option - ask the locals there's usually a fruit or plant around that's been used for eons and doesn't need refrigeration .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom