Advice? Aqualung Legend LX vs Atomic M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The M1's second stage has a heat exchanger to keep it from getting freeflowed when water temperature drops down low. Also, the design of the purge cover helps attenuate purging if encountered high water flow such as swimming into heavy current or in caves where water could be channeled through small openings at high velocity. Another interesting feature for the M1 2nd stage & octo is that they could be fitted with "cave" rings where it allows the regulators to be disassembled underwater for quick cleaning. Sometimes heavy silt encountered in cave or wreck diving could jam up second stages.

+1 for Atomic Aquatics M1...

Hi Sendero,

I recently had the same debate, but mine was the LX Supreme Vs. the B2.

I opted for the LX supreme, the ACD was what swayed me in favour of the Aqualung. the service was negligible since you service a Atomic ever 2 years Vs. every year on a aqualung.

For the longest time something bugged me about the Atomic Regs, it was nothing I could put my finger on, it was not a performance relate issue, I recently figured it out. They are too "Fisher Price" for my taste, and by this I mean they look like toys, not serious diving equipment.

I like colour like anyone else, but if you put too much of it on a second stage it looks funny, and well toyish and cheap even though in this case it's anything but.

I have an SS1 as my "Air2" as well so I am not Anti-Atomic.

Either will work well in Cold water.

Cheers

Kunundrum

too Fisher-Price huh? I think the Legend is the one that looks toy-like, with that gaudy, too shiny 'pimp-ring' on the 2nd-stage......like plastic jewelery! Get the GREY professional looking 2nd-stage Atomic offers and you'll look like a he-man!

Well, thanks to Joe at ScubaToys.com I purchased the following setup:

Atomic M1 w/Comfort Swivel
Atomic SS1 octo/inflator
miflex reg hose for SS1
miflex BC hose for drysuit
Oceanic SPG w/temp
miflex HP hose for SPG
Dive Alert Plus 3

It should all be arriving on Friday,just in time for my 2 dives I have scheduled on Sunday.

too Fisher-Price huh? I think the Legend is the one that looks toy-like, with that gaudy, too shiny 'pimp-ring' on the 2nd-stage......like plastic jewelery! Get the GREY professional looking 2nd-stage Atomic offers and you'll look like a he-man!

The "Pimp Ring" is not plastic on the Legend it's metal.

Like I mentioned I have nothing against Atomic's Functionality, I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics.

Well, thanks to Joe at ScubaToys.com I purchased the following setup:

Atomic M1 w/Comfort Swivel
Atomic SS1 octo/inflator
miflex reg hose for SS1
miflex BC hose for drysuit
Oceanic SPG w/temp
miflex HP hose for SPG
Dive Alert Plus 3

It should all be arriving on Friday,just in time for my 2 dives I have scheduled on Sunday.

Joe's the man. After last weekend I can't reccomend that dude enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom